GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey how's it going, I'm on here because my wifes 2008 equinox is having problems with the windsheild wiper fluid not coming out when pressing the button. She has had this fixed once but a year later and warranty passed it has happen again and everyone knows the BS the dealership gives. I hooked up my air line to push air through and could see it coming out..I was seeing if there was a fuse for the motor that pumps it out when engaging it..because you can't hear it when doing it..no luck..both front and back do not spray. Iv look on here and can not find anything related.. thanks

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
bigrob3108 said:
Hey how's it going, I'm on here because my wifes 2008 equinox is having problems with the windsheild wiper fluid not coming out when pressing the button. She has had this fixed once but a year later and warranty passed it has happen again and everyone knows the BS the dealership gives. I hooked up my air line to push air through and could see it coming out..I was seeing if there was a fuse for the motor that pumps it out when engaging it..because you can't hear it when doing it..no luck..both front and back do not spray. Iv look on here and can not find anything related.. thanks
If you can't hear the pump running, then either the pump is burned out, or a fuse is blown. There should be a fuse for it. Look in your owner's manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks, im trying to eliminate the problem per say, i don't hear anything and can buy a new pump from my work..but iv changed the headlights in this car and its freaking crazy haha they made this car so you would have to take it to the dealership..thanks for the info i was just seeing if someone else had this problem and what they did to fix it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Check the fuse first. Don't trust your eyes. Use a multimeter to check if the fuse is blown. Sounds like a blown fuse if both front and back are not working.

Had a similar problem in my truck, but it was a bad pump.
Using a multimeter, have your wife or someone else run the pump while you take readings from the pump wires if your fuse is good.

GM Part # 25841885 PUMP about $63 from dealer. Two pumps, same kind. Maybe your connector on the pumps is corroded, damaged?

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts