GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an Acadia that we need to return under lease and I really like the Terrain.

Why doesn't GM offer a 3rd row option for this vehicle? You have to go to the more expensive Acadia in the GMC lineup.

I would lease a new Terrain in a heartbeat so I could save some money. The Acadia is nice, but too expensive.

GMC needs an entry level 3 row vehicle. Chevy has the Orlando and the Traverse!

Please GMC!

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
cordoba002 said:
I currently have an Acadia that we need to return under lease and I really like the Terrain.

Why doesn't GM offer a 3rd row option for this vehicle? You have to go to the more expensive Acadia in the GMC lineup.

I would lease a new Terrain in a heartbeat so I could save some money. The Acadia is nice, but too expensive.

GMC needs an entry level 3 row vehicle. Chevy has the Orlando and the Traverse!

Please GMC!
If you want GM, and want a Chevy Orlando, why not buy that ? Chevy=GMC

We don't have the option of an Orlando in the USA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't buy an Orlando. Too small, not attractive, tight 3rd row, zero cargo behind the 3rd row, underpowered.

It would be very difficult to move from an Acadia to an Orlando but I could see the Terrain as being a good fit with 3 rows.

My point is, Chevy has an entry level 3 row vehicle and a full size. GMC does not. The Terrain would be a good entry level 3 row CUV.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
cordoba002 said:
I wouldn't buy an Orlando. Too small, not attractive, tight 3rd row, zero cargo behind the 3rd row, underpowered.

It would be very difficult to move from an Acadia to an Orlando but I could see the Terrain as being a good fit with 3 rows.

My point is, Chevy has an entry level 3 row vehicle and a full size. GMC does not. The Terrain would be a good entry level 3 row CUV.
Adding a 3rd row to a vehicle the size of the Terrain/Nox would mean making legroom tight for both rows...and also decrease the rear storage area.

·
Registered
289 Posts
NoobNox said:
Adding a 3rd row to a vehicle the size of the Terrain/Nox would mean making legroom tight for both rows...and also decrease the rear storage area.
You mean eliminate rear storage? I think if you added a third row there would not be any space for rear storage and then they'd have to also fix the second row so it doesn't move. Then what to do with the spare tire? I think too many modifications would need to be made that you would ultimately have to make the vehicle larger in size for.

I think if one needs space for third row seating they need a bigger car no matter what. The terrain or nox is not for them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a 09 Outlook, Same size platform as (Acadia,Traverse, Enclave) I just got a 2012 Equinox and the size difference is huge.
The third row option in smaller suv such as highlander make for a tight fit.

If you are on a budget, get a base Traverse (Same size as Enclave/Acadia). My 0.02

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JediSkipdogg said:
You mean eliminate rear storage? I think if you added a third row there would not be any space for rear storage and then they'd have to also fix the second row so it doesn't move. Then what to do with the spare tire? I think too many modifications would need to be made that you would ultimately have to make the vehicle larger in size for.

I think if one needs space for third row seating they need a bigger car no matter what. The terrain or nox is not for them.
They did it with the Orlando and it's similar in size. In fact the Terrain is both longer and wider than the Orlando. Hyundai Veracruz also comes to mind for a 3 row similar in size to the Terrain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jcarm75 said:
The third row option in smaller suv such as highlander make for a tight fit.
I totally agree. However, I have 3 small children I need to cart around so 3rd row legroom is not a big issue. I'll lease it for 4 years then throw it back. I agree it's tighter than the Acadia but I'm on a tight budget.

The Terrain is better looking than the Orlando, higher off the ground, throw a V6 in there and I'm happy for 4 years.

The salesman has been trying to sell me on an Orlando because it's $250 less per month than the Acadia. I told him give me a Terrain with a 3rd row and I'll pay a little more than an Orlando but less than another Acadia. It's disappointing as it is to go from an SLT to an SLE with a lot less options and have to pay almost the same monthly lease rate.

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
jcarm75 said:
Your options on a tight budget.
Dodge journey and Orlando.
Is the Journey a 3-row vehicle ?

How about the Mazda 5 ?

·
Registered
361 Posts
a nox with a 3rd would cripple anyone but a small child. Acadia can fit ADULTS in all seats. A nox with 3 rows would have 0 rear storage.

Kia makes an entry Crossover with 3rd row seating. Just don't expect any cargo room. I almost bought it but my nox used was purchased 4K under market value. And the Kia comes with a 10yr 100k bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
432 Posts
yeah simple answer is on the Nox/Terrain platform there is simply no room for a 3rd row.

I can see it now. They put a 3rd row in and everyone would complain about the lack of rear cargo room.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts