GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Does the 2010 Equinox resemble a Jellybean?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please let me know what you think. I think the last Chrysler vans were more jellybeanish! (not the current model..they are nice)

·
Registered
29 Posts
In my own defense ( didn't think you start a poll about it :) And I'm a Terrain owner not a fan :)

To me it's a shape of a jellybean, maybe not the 2010 but the previous one. Small front, big back all curves.

P.S.: I will not be replying in this thread without the precense of my lawyer for my own safety!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I think the first vehicles to be called jellybean like (well after the AMC Pacer) were the Ford Taurus and Mercury whatever it's sister was (or was it the Ford Tempo?...getting old) back in the mid-90's or thereabouts.

Maybe we can post up some pictures and do some comparisons?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ssmike06 said:
To me it's a shape of a jellybean, maybe not the 2010 but the previous one. Small front, big back all curves.
Sounds like J-lo

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roesterman said:
Sounds like J-lo
Think I will get a personalized plate for my Nox like this:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Narg said:
I think the HHR looks more like a jelly bean... :-\
I'm thinking it looked more like an old skool ICebox.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ugh, took my Terrain in for the defroster warranty recall and all they had to give me was an HHR loaner.

This is not a fair trade :(

My (rarely) humble opinion:

Terrain = Rugged good looks in a small package
Equinox = Squishy Soccermom-Mobile
HHR = Casket with wheels

·
Registered
10,222 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - and beauty is only skin deep -- However, once you peal off the sheetmetal, for the most part, we are clones. Why waste time arguing over this? We all made the right decision - and be happy with all the members of your "family".

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
115 Posts
Roesterman said:
Hey, I almost bought an Aztek way back when, but after a sleepless night I was able to cancel the deal! Phewf!
oh man, that was close. But I must ask, what could possibly have drawn you that close to making such a heinous mistake?!?

·
Registered
10,222 Posts
A little off-subject, but the Aztek was a great concept, but the execution sucked. I guess GM never heard of focus groups. Or maybe they asked my Governor, Gov. Patterson of NY to take a "look" at it, and he said he "saw" nothing wrong with it. Sorry, for the "politically wrong" comment in too many ways !

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dm2010nox said:
oh man, that was close. But I must ask, what could possibly have drawn you that close to making such a heinous mistake?!?
I was getting about $12,000 off the list price with my discounts and visa points! This was in the day before huge discounts became de regueur.(also they were giving me a tent that attached to the back!) :D

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I think that GM has been surprised at how well the Terrain is doing and cant build enough of them. Yes, the styling is polarizing but that is GOOD considering how many other CUVs have the bubble, soft styling to them. Im saying that is bad but Id rather have a vehicle be "ugly" to a few people rather than "meh" to many.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i always looked at the Nox vs the Terrain like this, the Nox is the softer cuter cute ute while the Terrain is the big brawny brother to it. Then i actually paid attention and realized they were both the little kids in the family :)

I like the bolder presence of the Terrain but the Nox does have some really nice lines.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Cameron said:
i always looked at the Nox vs the Terrain like this, the Nox is the softer cuter cute ute while the Terrain is the big brawny brother to it. Then i actually paid attention and realized they were both the little kids in the family :)

I like the bolder presence of the Terrain but the Nox does have some really nice lines.[/color]
Exactly our thoughts.
I was shocked when the wife picked the Terrain over the Nox, but then again, she's always full of surprises!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Remove that fugly grill/front then the Terrain is ok...still not that "classy", but ok. Considering the Nox sells more in a month than the Terrain does in a 1/4 tells all imo

GMC should've been axed when GM was "cleaning" up lines and kept Saturn

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I had the Aztek and loved it completely...especially my wife.......kids didn't....until they needed it for something. ;D
Traded it for the Terrain. If they still made Azteks, I would have bought one. Still sorry I traded it, but wanted something new. As for the Nox...I like it too. We narrowed our final selection down to 3 cars, Terrain, Equinox and the new Tucsun. If the Tucsun was another foot longer, we would have bought that. My fun vehicles are Corvette, Tiberon and my Harley.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts