GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i dont have my terrain yet dont know when ill get it but i do have the vin for it.
Did a search online and saw it was manufactured in canada. Can this be correct???
If so no wonder its taking for ever to get here in texas.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yes , they are assembled in Canada. I think it takes more time to get it on a transport vehicle then it takes to build it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was waiting FOREVER for mine and it never came for a crazy reason. If you have been waiting it for it during January you might be dealing with the same problem.

Apparently a train carrying alot of cars from Canada (or wherever the trucks dropped off the cars) derailed. Yes, DERAILED! Crazy! Anyways, all of the cars that were on that train are at a quality control place in VA. If your dealer never told you don't be surprised. My dealer didn't even find out the reason mine was at QC until he did some digging and figured it out. I ended up just getting a different color b/c I liked the black and the white one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xonecrazymofox said:
I was waiting FOREVER for mine and it never came for a crazy reason. If you have been waiting it for it during January you might be dealing with the same problem.

Apparently a train carrying alot of cars from Canada (or wherever the trucks dropped off the cars) derailed. Yes, DERAILED! Crazy! Anyways, all of the cars that were on that train are at a quality control place in VA. If your dealer never told you don't be surprised. My dealer didn't even find out the reason mine was at QC until he did some digging and figured it out. I ended up just getting a different color b/c I liked the black and the white one.
What!!! LoL my wife is going to love this. Its probably the reason why I can even pull up the window sticker to view it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lucky19 said:
What!!! LoL my wife is going to love this. Its probably the reason why I can even pull up the window sticker to view it.
Well guess my terrain wasnt in this accident cuz dealer called and said its ready to pick up. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm in the same boat updated on 1/18/11 3800 code with VIN number but no more information. How do I find out if my vehicle was on the derailed train, etc? I also did some research and recently there were two train derailments that I found one on 1/18 the other on 1/26...Where is this quality assurance shop?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CashPILOT said:
I'm in the same boat updated on 1/18/11 3800 code with VIN number but no more information. How do I find out if my vehicle was on the derailed train, etc? I also did some research and recently there were two train derailments that I found one on 1/18 the other on 1/26...Where is this quality assurance shop?
My same update as your was two weeks before your date, so probably have 2 more week to go. My guess. Also have you done your paper work and what not for ownership of the vehicle yet?? If so thats why your not getting your vin info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts