GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tagged an SLT 2 AWD 6CYL with tow pkg and Nav ,Steel Blue, black/titanium interior , 19 's from Staff Garage, The MSRP was $ 44,040.00 and my price is $ 34,677.00,
the next week I was fortunate enough to tag an SLT 1, AWD ,6 CYL ,Tow PKG, 18 's black on black, leather interior , MSRP $36,910.00 and my price is $ 28,600.
My question is it worth the extra $ 6800 for the Nav, Does anyone like the Nav or just go with garman GPS .?sunroof,chrome pkg ,power liftgate , 19 in rims & tires etc , looking at the resale value, which one would you choose,I have to make a decision by noon Monday , thanks for your input.

·
Registered
143 Posts
ducker said:
I tagged an SLT 2 AWD 6CYL with tow pkg and Nav ,Steel Blue, black/titanium interior , 19 's from Staff Garage, The MSRP was $ 44,360.00 and my price is $ 34,677.00,
the next week I was fortunate enough to tag an SLT 1, 6 CYL ,Tow PKG, 18 's black on black, leather interior , MSRP $36,910.00 and my price is $ 28,600.
My question is it worth the extra $ 6800 for the Nav, sunroof,chrome pkg ,power liftgate etc , looking at the resale value, which one would you choose,I have to make a decision by noon Monday Feb 7, thanks for your input.
IF you are concerned about gas mileage, then do NOT get the AWD...however (don't know where you live?) if you encounter lots of snow in winter, then to heck with the gas consumption...go with the AWD, remembering that 19 inch tires (especially winter tires) are harder to find, and are more expensive.

Personally, I think you are getting the best current value and future resale value, by going with the AWD SLT2....Good luck!!

;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I do live in Oshawa ,Ontario, Canada, and yes we do get some snow, mostly from the US and this is where the Nox and Camaro 's are made , It's awesom looking out in the shipping yard and seeing hundreds of these vehicles lined up all colours etc.

·
Registered
143 Posts
ducker said:
Thanks, I do live in Oshawa ,Ontario, Canada, and yes we do get some snow, mostly from the US and this is where the Nox and Camaro 's are made , It's awesom looking out in the shipping yard and seeing hundreds of these vehicles lined up all colours etc.
I moved here from Oshawa some 15 years ago...here being near Sault Ste Marie!!

Go for the gusto..get AWD and enjoy winter driving down on the 401!!!

;D

Actually, I did not know that the Nox production is also done in Oshawa...they are still produced in Ingersoll as is the Terrain...thanks for the heads up on that!!!

QUOTE>>>The Equinox and GMC Terrain are built in Ingersoll, Ontario, at GM's CAMI Automotive plant. The third shift at Oshawa will come on line in October, (2010) returning about 600 workers to the plant. Moving some Equinox assembly to Oshawa will allow CAMI to build more Terrains, GM said.

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/equinox/gm-beefs-up-chevrolet-equinox-and-gmc-terrain-production.html

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the correction , I retired from the Truck plant 2 yrs ago and I am out of the loop, also both trucks are AWD , Lot's of snow there , maybe I will drag my Skidoo Rev up there to see the sights.

·
Registered
143 Posts
ducker said:
Thanks for the correction , I retired from the Truck plant 2 yrs ago and I am out of the loop, also both trucks are AWD , Lot's of snow there , maybe I will drag my Skidoo Rev up there to see the sights.
I stand corrected too...didn't spot the AWD for both vehicles..

Lots of snowmobile trails around the Elliot Lake area...beautiful country, you'd enjoy a "vacation" here to do some ice fishing and snowmobiling!!

:)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The SLT1 with leather sounds like a much better deal to me. Though I hear the nav is nicely integrated and works well...I'm pretty sure it isn't worth a $6800 premium.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Power liftgate is real handy, as is the NAV.
The black/titanium leather sounds good and sporty.
Sunroof can be some value add if you're looking for resale, as can the tow package.
Chrome adds a classy looking finish, IMO, although some consider it a bit much with the grille?
Check them out side by each if possible and go with your gut, you're the one driving it.
If $$ is the issue, then of course stay within your budget is probably a good bet.
I'd think they'll both have decent resale value but the extra options will scale the numbers down accordingly over time and the gap won't be quite as large depending how many years you keep it.

G

·
Based on the trim level and options you stated it sounds like they're playing numbers games on you. The MSRP sounds high and then making it look a great deal the price you can get it for. The MSRP price sounds more like the LTZ with a sunroof, not the SLT-2.
Go to the website and build it to confirm the MSRP is correct then go to the dealer and negotiate a price lower than that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The vehicles from staff garage are miled out by supervision and the lower price is what you pay, no negotiation, also this is Canadian prices which look higher when you build your own , compared to build your own on the US site.Thanks , I think I am leaning toward the SLT2, more toys on it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Getting $10,000.00 of the price in unbelievable. Get it. I couldn't get $10 off the price of a new Terrain/Nox a year ago. So we found a demo SLT2 with every conceivable option on it and the dealer knocked $2000 off the price and we were happy. We we
not going to wait 3 to 4 months for a car. If we hadn't seen the demo, we would have bought the new Hyundai Tucson.
I think $4k or more for a GPS is a lot of money, but I like the uncluttered look plus the large size of the screen is well worth the price....to me.

Getting $10k off, I'd buy 2. ;D

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Personally, $6800 is a bit too steep for basically a nav/sunroof/power liftgate. Like I said earlier, I like the way the nav is integrated but the price seems outrageous....and I've had several cars with sunroofs in the past and the novelty wears off pretty quick. (not to mention potential wind whistling and/or leaking in the future) Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SLT1 you're looking at has all the important options (foglights, leather etc..) and just missing the nav, sunroof and power liftgate right? For me, I look at it in terms of the fact that I could get a decent used car for commuting/beater use in addition to the Terrain for that kind of money..

·
Registered
143 Posts
ducker said:
The vehicles from staff garage are miled out by supervision and the lower price is what you pay, no negotiation, also this is Canadian prices which look higher when you build your own , compared to build your own on the US site.Thanks , I think I am leaning toward the SLT2, more toys on it.
We await your final decision....to be followed by pictures we hope!!!

;D ;D

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Does the first one have Rear Seat Entertainment and DVD?
If so, I say go for the gusto!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No it is minus the rear seat entertainment and my son is not too happy , poor him, what did we have to play with in Dad's car while we were riding in the back window? It would have been a gamebreaker for me if it had the DVD but the last post really has me thinking now, thanks....

G

·
Like I said...they're playing numbers games with you saying the MSRP is $44,360
I just built this model on the website (Canadian) and it's $40,900 (inlcuding the frieght which is $1450)...they're liers.
Saying that you can have it for $34,670...making you think you're getting a whopping $10K off...when really only $6k.

Still, if there's no other hidden costs other than the taxes, $6k is still really good...Personally, the moment anyone plays with the numbers...I walk.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just built it on the Can site and came up with $44,040 , SLT2 , AWD,6 CYL,19 IN WHEELS AND NAV, you must have left something out.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
ducker said:
I just built it on the Can site and came up with $44,040 , SLT2 , AWD,6 CYL,19 IN WHEELS AND NAV, you must have left something out.
If you can afford it, go for the SLT2.
Long term, trade in value will be higher, IMO.
The power liftgate, sunroof, NAV and 19" chrome wheels (really make the vehicle look upscale, IMO) are definite pluses for resale.
If I were buying a used vehicle, I'd look for one with as many options added as possible.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
gearhead said:
If you can afford it, go for the SLT2.
Long term, trade in value will be higher, IMO.
The power liftgate, sunroof, NAV and 19" chrome wheels (really make the vehicle look upscale, IMO) are definite pluses for resale.
If I were buying a used vehicle, I'd look for one with as many options added as possible.
Resale value on heavily optioned vehicles are kinda like certain home improvements/remodeling...you may get higher resale value but you aren't likely to recoup all of your upfront costs. It all kinda equals out in the end...especially these days when car makers are putting a pretty decent level of standard equipment in even the base models.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I understand , it's like putting a monetary amount on these certain options for the time you use them minus the depreciated value and just count your losses.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts