GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from Ontario, Canada and for the past 2 wks I've been searching and searching for my new Terrain and
we can't seem to find the one I want.

My dealer has been looking and coming across nothing.

I've called other dealerships, who claim they can have one for me in a heart beat, but I find this odd, as mine isn't having any luck.

2011 GMC Terrain SLT1 AWD in Mocha Steel or Merlott Jewell with Brownstone Leather interior.

Time's running out on the GMC Loyalty discount, gosh this vehicle is in high demand around here.

Any suggestions? Im curious as to how these other dealers "supposedly" have them in stock. I'd take a drive to go and see but
they are 6 or more hours away, and I'd be ticked if I wasted all that time to find out they aren't being upfront with me.

My dealer is a family friend and I'd like to stay with him for this purchase.

Let me know what ya think! *S*

Jenn

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a tough time finding one with the options I wanted as well. I really wanted one with a sunroof and in the end it just wasn't available. None of the dealers had more than 2 or 3 in stock (with the package I was searching for) and I really didn't want to wait 2 or 3 months to order one. A good source was GMC.com. You can use the "locate a vehicle" tab and see what's out there in your area.

http://www.gmc.com/model-selector.html

·
Registered
39 Posts
You may want to consider a different color interior. Perhaps black or black/titanium will yield more results... Good luck!

·
Registered
698 Posts
This isn't uncommon unfortunately. Last July when I traded off my first Terrain I had a set of options that I wanted in the new one. SLT-1 FWD with Nav, V6 and 18" wheels. None left in Ontario. I worked with my dealer to select the options I had to have and we worked from there. That's how I ended up with the SLT-2 I did.

I also did my own research using google and searching inventory at dealerships as far as Barrie (Georgian seems to have good high-end inventory), Ottawa and the far end of Toronto.

Moral of the story is there is only limited inventory at this point and you may have to make a concession or two, then pray that the remote dealer is willing to part with the inventory, which doesn't always happen.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have i got a deal for u . I have a 2011 Terrain loaded ,Sun roof ,nav, trailer package SlE, marlot ,with black interior. Engine is a 2.4 4 cyl awd with2600 miles on it. The engine rattles a little on start up and the milage has dropped like a rock. They promised to fix it whenever they figure out whats causing the problem. Ill be glad to sell this vehicle to you at cost. It took me 10 weeks to get it from the factory.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I was in the same boat last year - couldn't fine what we wanted - didn't want to wait 3 or 4 months. Went to one dealer had 3 Terrains - wife didn't like the colors. Saw a demo that had every conceivable option. In jest I asked the salesman if that was for sale and how much. He said yes and he'd knock off $2000. We bought it on the spot. Don't know what we are going to do with the rear seat entertainment center, trailer hitch, sun roof, etc....but we got a Terrain with what we wanted when there wasn't any to be had and no price negotiating. We're happy - except now I've got fuel in the oil and no dealer can fix it because all their instruments say there is no problem. Kinda wish we never saw it. Oh well that's life. Maybe eventually it will be fixed --- if enough people with the problem scream a lot.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Do we have to have EVERY thread polluted by disgruntled 4-banger owners?? I mean, COME ON!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! Thanks for the input guys!
Actually now Im scared of reading those ones with problems already..yikes!

I emailed one place in Michigan (just one anyway), asking information on cross border shopping...my reply? We don't sell to Canadians! LMAO OMG...I was like..umm okay?
Too funny...not sure what that's about but I'll stay clear of that joint.

Anyway, I think what is happening is what one person mentioned..no one wants to do a dealer trade with my dealership, they are holding onto them like gold!

I think I'll sit patiently from here on out. Sadly if I do find one at another dealership, I'd hate to betray my dealership who's been trying so hard to help me with this.
Got myself into a pickle it seems. *LOL*

Thanks everyone for your input! Totally appreciate it!
Jenn

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Jenn, Sip a cool one and relax :beer:....I know it's hard, but you'll be glad you did. Yes some of us are having some problems, but that's to be expected on any mechanical device, especially cars. Most members are not having problems.

That dealers hockey team probably got the s**t kicked out of them by a Canadian hockey team. :hilarious:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah Im not too worried about problems in that area. I figure what shall be shall be.
Besides, can't have any problems, if I can't buy the vehicle LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:thumb:

Well guess what world?!? I got myself my Terrain! Yippy!!! ;D

I bought a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT1. Mocha Steel, leather interior, sunroof and automatic rear hatch!
It's totally awesome!!

I'm tickled pink!!!

Jenn

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
mandy252 said:
:thumb:

Well guess what world?!? I got myself my Terrain! Yippy!!! ;D

I bought a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT1. Mocha Steel, leather interior, sunroof and automatic rear hatch!
It's totally awesome!!

I'm tickled pink!!!

Jenn
Sounds nice - congrats, and enjoy !

Rit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts