GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I have terrain sle1 2012 when i try to use turn to turn direction it try to connect to onstar im outside usa
Regards

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Questions, you just have the standard color touch screen without nav right?
Are you able to connect to OnStar?
Do you have OnStars' 'Directions and Connections'

If all those answers are yes, you contact OnStar give them the address of where want you to go to, and OnStar will download the directions to the car

·
Registered
515 Posts
As long as you have the "Connections and Directions", just call Onstar and
ask for the destination. If you don't have a nav unit, it will show on on
screen 9 of the DIC. If you a nav unit it can show on both the radio and DIC.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your answers
Actually i live in iraq , so how its possible the onstar call work ?

Regards

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
No Onstar in Iraq.

So you cant get turn by turn directions to work there.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
A Terrain in Iraq. Hmm!

I have a lot of customers in the Middle East and I think at times they like American cars more than most Americans.

Are sales of American cars coming back over there in Iraq since relations have changed? I know they were common years ago based on Video's I have seen of the past in the 50's and 60's. I have not shipped a lot of auto parts to Iraq yet but the other countries we ship many truck and Corvette parts.

Thanks for Driving GMC! I hope you like it other then the OnStar. You are not missing much with not having it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes , before lets say 10 YEARS a very few people was buying american cars , and if some one buy american vehicle other people said to him ohh my God what cancer you bought and when he trying to sell it it took 4 to 5 months in the show to sell it with a huge money loss
And the main reason for this if something happened to it there was no spear parts and when the mechanics trying yo solve an issue in the engin another problem come up ,at the end the car never back to normal situation
But now you see many american cars i ever seen before .(Ford, cheovrelet,) now are commons
But my gmc still rear i can say in my city ( As Sulaymaniyah - north of iraq )there are about 5 terrain ,i bought my used terrain 5000milage 2012 270000 us dollar now after one week if i want to sell it quickly may be they pay me around 220000 us dollar
That is the situation in Kurdistan of Iraq

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
That is interesting.

We sell may parts to the countries to your east, south and even in Turkey. We do performance parts and it is amazing how many cars are there. Most seem to be GM cars and we are dealing mostly with Trucks SUV's and Corvette and Camaro.

I think most of these people have money as shipping is not a worry to most and it is not cheap.

I hope you like your Terrain. We have one too and we have been happy with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts