GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a way to unlock the navigation system so that you can use it while you are driving. I normally have my wife with me and she normally inputs things, but all you can do is look up previous locations. Is there anyway to use it completely without putting your gear in neutral or park?

·
Registered
635 Posts
pat1582 said:
Has anyone found a way to unlock the navigation system so that you can use it while you are driving. I normally have my wife with me and she normally inputs things, but all you can do is look up previous locations. Is there anyway to use it completely without putting your gear in neutral or park?
Has been discussed....you might want to try a search..there are solutions.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Unfortunately, Coastaltec doesn't make one for the newer GM navs yet. It shouldn't take them too long though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use the "DESTINATION" command. You can give it addresses "hands free" while driving. It prompts you for state, city, street and number. It's actually kind of fun.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rogue LTZ said:
I use the "DESTINATION" command. You can give it addresses "hands free" while driving. It prompts you for state, city, street and number. It's actually kind of fun.
How exactly do you do this? You say “Navigation” then “Destination”, and then it prompts you? I believe I tried this any never could get it to work.

Sound like it will work while driving. I can only get pre-saved favorites to work while in drive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just give it the command "DESTINATION". The voice guidance then asks to confirm the current state or to change the state. It then asks for a city. The screen lists several choices that sound like the city you name. You say the number that corresponds to the correct city. The same process is used for the street and number. If I forget to program a destination before I leave, I do this method en route. It only takes an occasional glance at the nav screen to see what city, street and number to select. I sometimes do it just for fun when I get bored driving. I got my Nox in August so I can't say for sure that there have not been changes to the nav's firmware since then. It's described on Page 92 of the Navigation Manual, so I think it's a standard feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts