GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to put a dock for my cell phone inside the Instrument Panel Storage (storage above the display if you don't have Nav). I was easily able to remove the storage box by removing the red liner and unscrewing two screws. I determined where I can drill a hole to pass the wire through so I can reach the power outlet below the CD slot and possibly add a splitter behind it so wire is hidden.

I tried to pull out on the radio and it moves some almost looking like it will pop out but I didn't want to apply too much pressure - could not find any screws.

Does anyone know how to remove it?

I did try search but no luck.

Attached picture is my goal.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
If you unplug the radio, you may have to know the security code to get it to work again. (may be worth to find out for sure)

I thought about doing this also, but then decided it would be easier to just bury the wire along side (in back of) the ridge of the silver/chrome trim that is along side the stereo. Easier, it it is "pretty much" unseen. Heck of alot easier - but certainly not as slick.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RIT333 said:
Heck of alot easier - but certainly not as slick.
That was my concern, I love the blue light coming out of there, it would be a shame to block it with a cable ;) (of course I can do it on passenger side but then I can't "show it off" lol)

Didn't know a security code might be required, going to search around - and hopefully someone on here has more info on that.

·
Registered
193 Posts
No security code is needed, the radio is registered to the car's BCM.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Posting what I found online as reference for others - I don't have a tool and tried with make shift plastic blade but it didn't work - and I didn't want to try too hard risking damaging something so I will buy some tools and try again.

1. Use a flat-bladed plastic trim tool in order to release the retainer clips securing the AM/FM stereo and clock and audio disc player radio control assembly to the instrument panel.
2. Disconnect the electrical connections.
3. When replacing the radio control assembly, transfer all necessary components.

Read more: GMC Questions - GMC Terrain How do I remove the radio module in a 2011 GMC - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/gmc/4mp6m-gmc-terrain-remove-radio-module-2011-gmc.html#ixzz1KxVQqUmM

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Interesting Metra kit...nothing like having two radios in the dash!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow awesome instructions and kit, thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts