GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, trying to remove inner liner behind rear quarter panel so that I can use a dent rod to push out a dent in the quarter panel. I took out 4 torx screws but it seems as if the liner is glued with an adhesive and won't budge. If anyone has had experience with this please help! Any help or ideas are much appreciated thanks...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Need a little more info here:
Are you trying to get at the inner liner from the inside or outside above the wheel?

Equinox or Terrain
2010 to 2017 body style or 2018 and newer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for answering my post. I'm trying to get at the inner liner from the outside to loosen or remove it so I can get behind it with a rod to hopefully push out the quarter panel dent from the backside. I took out the torx screws but there is still something holding it tight against the wheel well. Maybe a screw I'm not seeing or maybe some strong adhesive...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
My 2014 Equinox has 3 small bolts and 7 Push Pin Retainers.
Still not sure what year you are working on.

Since you didn't mention the 7 retainers, that must be what is holding you up.
After that it should come out easily, you can work it around the shock.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I'd use one of those Stud Welders like a UniSpotter or Harbor Freight model and pull it out from the front without going behind it. There are a ton of videos online on how to use one. I'm sure you could do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a 2019 so I will look for those push pin retainers that sounds like they may be the solution. I have used a stud welder before and it worked great but was hoping to push the dent out from behind and if that didn't work good I would use the stud welder as my go to next. Thanks for all the good advice!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that helps seeing what they look like. I'll put the car on ramps tomorrow and then see if I can find them to remove. Then the liner should come loose once those are out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts