GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, I was pretty much set on the type of options I was interested in (pretty much fully loaded w/base engine and carbon black metallic). I began my search using the USAA and Amx Car Buying service. All these did was pretty much put me in contact with the dealers in my area. The dealer closet to my house did not participate in any of these programs and they were unwilling to go below MSRP. However, I was able to negotiate $100 over invoice pricing with two other dealers out of my immediate vicinity (2.5 to 5 hours drive from my home). The dealer who is 2.5 hours away then agreed to honor the $750 USAA rebate as well so I received a net purchase price of invoice minus $650 for a 2011 model year. :eek:

I just received a text message from the dealer that the order was placed yesterday. ;D

In sum, I think you can find a deal if you are willing to hustle a little. This will probably require you to do some haggling online through the internet so that the dealers know that they have to compete for your business.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.