GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just joined the forum today after test driving a Terrain. My wife and I really like it, and I've learned a great deal from reading this forum. Thank you.

The dealer was trying pretty hard to sell us a 4 cylinder AWD Terrain, but we aren't looking for AWD. And, the dealer said not to expect much of a discount even on this remaining 2010.

I'm not going to buy a 2010 at this late date, and I don't want the first model year anyway. The dealer didn't mention anything about ordering a 2011, but I get the impression from this forum that I could order one.

How did you go about ordering a 2011 and were you able to negotiate on the price? Did you pay MSRP? Were you able to use the Credit Union discount?

Thanks.
Dave

·
Registered
830 Posts
2010/2011 are the same vehicule. No mods made. Except for E85 Ethanol v6 and for the OnStar module that is supposed to get an update.

If you can get a deal on a 2010 you should get it. My opinion :)

Hope you'll love your purchase !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, I was pretty much set on the type of options I was interested in (pretty much fully loaded w/base engine and carbon black metallic). I began my search using the USAA and Amx Car Buying service. All these did was pretty much put me in contact with the dealers in my area. The dealer closet to my house did not participate in any of these programs and they were unwilling to go below MSRP. However, I was able to negotiate $100 over invoice pricing with two other dealers out of my immediate vicinity (2.5 to 5 hours drive from my home). The dealer who is 2.5 hours away then agreed to honor the $750 USAA rebate as well so I received a net purchase price of invoice minus $650 for a 2011 model year. :eek:

I just received a text message from the dealer that the order was placed yesterday. ;D

In sum, I think you can find a deal if you are willing to hustle a little. This will probably require you to do some haggling online through the internet so that the dealers know that they have to compete for your business.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to 6 dealers in St Louis area to order 2011 Terrain. I found two of the six who would discount sticker
price. I ordered recieving 1300+change on 2011 4cyc SL2 with towing hitch.....I thought this fair considering that I couldn't get other dealers to discount the 2010 that much.??I've purchased a lot of new cars in my 67 years and have always found all dealers will discount very differently, and I've tried all the buyers tools I know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got inspired, and wrote an email to about a dozen dealerships telling them exactly what I wanted. SLT-2 FWD I4 + NAV + RSE. My initial offer was $30,500 ....( includes supplier pricing, gm friends/family discount, etc...) I hope i was not stupid in that i gave them an initial offer up front.

Thoughts?

roel

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
Thta is not the way that most people deal for a car, unless they feel that $30.5K is an unrealisticly low price that the dealer would not accept. I usually go in with something like $25K, and then work my way up to an acceptable number, I guess it depends on what the sticker price is of the vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts