GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Terrain just reached its first birthday and I think I'm finally ready to do the DIY Homelink project I've wanted for so long.

I have noticed that the front wall of the armrest is unusually thick and seems to be hollow but I can't see how to get into it to verify.

It seems like there is space there, and a power socket just below that I can tap into, but I can't see how to open it and I'd prefer not to crack the plastic tugging on it. Would be nice to flush mount the buttons right there for an easy fingertip push.

Does anyone know how to get in there to explore?

·
Registered
114 Posts
your best bet would to see a automotive body shop, or a custom audio installation shop. A shop that has worked on one of these already. Unless someone else has tried this already, you won't find this info in any manual, including the Hayne's manual. My guess would be there has to be an Audio Install shop out there that has torn apart the armrest to install headunit, amp, etc.

good luck.

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Someone on here has the Full Factory Repair Manual, and they have been nice enough to scan and post pages on requested topics. Maybe they will see this, and help you out - or you can do a search and find out who it is, and send them a private request.

·
Registered
441 Posts
RIT333 said:
Someone on here has the Full Factory Repair Manual, and they have been nice enough to scan and post pages on requested topics. Maybe they will see this, and help you out - or you can do a search and find out who it is, and send them a private request.
IIRC im the only one with a pdf of the repair manual, but only 1st gens....i dont have a 2nd gen, as it wouldnt benefit me ;)

unless your talking about someone else.....i havent seen anyone else post up repair diagrams....

·
Registered
193 Posts
How about installing the homelink in the visor? I was thinking of removing it and taking it to an upholsterer or something.

·
Registered
468 Posts
RIT333 said:
dodell has a copy of the 2010 manual, he has helped me out a few times and is a good guy. I havent seen him on lately though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts