GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its that time, i'm now officially modding the 12 2LT. funny thing is though i can't figure out how to get to the taillight bulbs or license plate bulbs. has anyone changed their reverse lights or license plate bulbs out for aftermarket bulbs? if so how do you get to them to make the change.

thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i apologize, all you have to do is read the manual. the license plate bulb lenses pull right out, put your finger in the slot by the plate and pull down and towards the outside of the vehicle.

the tailights, just open the liftgate, remove the two black round screw covers and pull out the tailight cover to get access to the bulbs.

gonna take some getting used to things actually being in the owners manual. previous car (acura tsx) manual always said see dealer for this or for that, never gave details of how to get to things.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Bowtieman21 said:
gonna take some getting used to things actually being in the owners manual. previous car (acura tsx) manual always said see dealer for this or for that, never gave details of how to get to things.
My Volkswagen was the same way. Thank god for the internet!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, now that i know how to change them, has anyone changed their license plate or backup lights? if so what did you use? brand and bulb.

·
Registered
935 Posts
sorry to revive an old thread, but this is regarding the license plate bulbs

I want to switch to LED's but not sure which style I need.

Is it the Flat flank style, angled flank style, or 360 degree ones?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ended up using the small PIAA xtreme white bulbs. they are blue coated but put out a very nice white light

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Bowtieman21 said:
i apologize, all you have to do is read the manual. the license plate bulb lenses pull right out, put your finger in the slot by the plate and pull down and towards the outside of the vehicle.

the tailights, just open the liftgate, remove the two black round screw covers and pull out the tailight cover to get access to the bulbs.
Just to add if you are planning to do them all.
For the park lights on the lift gate, if I remember correctly we had to remove the lamp assembly for access to the park lights but the reverse lights are simply accessable by removing the rectangular access cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts