GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have terrain sle1 2012 and i checked the screen touch and couldnt find the GPS buttom . Is there any way to install it ?
Regards

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
siamand said:
I have terrain sle1 2012 and i checked the screen touch and couldnt find the GPS buttom . Is there any way to install it ?
Regards
Do you have the optional Navigation System for your vehicle ? If not, then you will not have a "GPS Button".

·
Registered
515 Posts
There is no official way to do it since the SLE 1 can only have the Color Touch radio. At a minimum, you would have to replace the head unit and possibly redo the antenna system to pick up the splitter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot for the replay , on my radio screen i have turn to turn direction option and on my dash board with the vehicle info there is navigation
Any idea

Regards

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, older post so may not even be a question still, but I have that nav screen on my dash too. I have the SLE-2 w/o navigation. The nav works when you use OnStar to give you directions. It will show a right or left arrow on the instrument cluster, plus an arrow and more details on the touch screen.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Toddman35 said:
Should of paid your dealer $795 when you origanolly bought it then! As it's Always More to add it on Later! :p
Would of if I had the choice. Purchased mine at an auction and rebuilt it so I didn't really have much say in what options I could have :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
The video posted and the only one i could find to show how to install a navigation radio into a Terrain is useless as they speed up the video on purpose so you cant see what he is doing.
I just switched out the regular mylink radio and put in the navigation radio from another Terrain. Yes it locked out. First dealer did not have a clue how to get it working (Frost GM in Brampton) so they gave me contact for the company they use for radios (Rays Radio) but they dont return calls so that was a dead end. I went another dealer Addison in Mississauga, nice place friendly and helpful. Tech wasnt sure if he could do it but said he's try.
After about an hour he said he tried everything but it would not unlock, then as he unplugged his tool from the car the radio came on????
He said I dont know why it just started playing music. When I got in the car I noticed everything was working, the Nav the radio just about everything except a couple of buttons on the control panel. (Destination and phone buttons) But on the touch screen everything worked. Put in a destination no problem, voice commands no problem everything is good except the clock. Cant get the clock to work, it just shows 12AM and will not let me adjust it no matter what I do.
The tech doesn't have a clue how to get it working, he doesn't even know how he got everything else to work, he was surprised it did. They called the company they use (YORK Radio) but they told the dealer there is no way to get this radio to work because it will only work in the car it originally came from. I say Bull crap because it is doing everything except telling me the right time.
Anyone know how to correct this problem? I would really like the clock to work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts