GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought Date: December 17th, 2010,

Hi Equinox Proud Drivers :),

This thread is to see how much total price you paid for brand-new Equinox 2011 "out of the door" while buying from the Chevrolet Dealers.

I just bought my Chevy Equinox 1LT 2011 for $32,650[/color] in total from Chevrolet Courtesy, San Jose, CA. It includes everything with Sales Tax, License Plate, DMV Registration, 5 years extended warranty for electronics, Navigation/GPS Installation.

Exterior Color: Dark Gray
Interior Color: Jet Black
Custom: Navigation Installed, Premium Cloth, Leather Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Power Driver Sit, Remote Start.

Please tell us about your Price whichever trim level you bought Equinox 2011.

Thanks,
DAJ

·
Registered
626 Posts
I also got the 1LT but without nav or extended warranty. You have the power driver seat so I assume you have the driver's convenience package which also includes backup camera. My car has that package, as well as the cargo package (roof rack, cargo net, cargo area retractable shade) and mud guards.

Not sure it's accurate to quote sales tax and DMV fees as these vary by state. I paid $25,100 without taxes and licensing fees, roughly $1500 more out the door. This was at the beginning of November.

·
Registered
332 Posts
For comparison our factory ordered 2010 1LT 2.4L FWD with Pioneer/XM/steering wheel controls, VIP (remote start/Bluetooth), cargo security cover and block heater, yes it's a $100 option but absolutely necessary in Canada. ::)

Out the door with destination charges, taxes ($100 + $22.50 + 5% + 7%) and an extra year of full warranty was $33,605. A $750 maintenance card was supplied in addition to this.

·
Registered
176 Posts
daj said:
Bought Date: December 17th, 2010,

Hi Equinox Proud Drivers :),

This thread is to see how much total price you paid for brand-new Equinox 2011 "out of the door" while buying from the Chevrolet Dealers.

I just bought my Chevy Equinox 1LT 2011 for $32,650[/color] in total from Chevrolet Courtesy, San Jose, CA. It includes everything with Sales Tax, License Plate, DMV Registration, 5 years extended warranty for electronics, Navigation/GPS Installation.

Exterior Color: Dark Gray
Interior Color: Jet Black
Custom: Navigation Installed, Premium Cloth, Leather Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Power Driver Sit.

Please tell us about your Price whichever trim level you bought Equinox 2011.

Thanks,
DAJ
All I can say is that you must have paid full sticker price. Down here the sticker for aLT1 NOX is about $28K

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got an AWD Equinox LTZ with the V6 with a sunroof and the cargo package.

MSPR: 33,360
Paid: 30,800-(Including tax + Dealer installed VIN Etching, using about $3,000 from GM Card, and discounted pricing from the Credit Union Discount.) ;D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got 11' Nox a bout a week ago not by choice.
2LT FWD, leather, chrome package, camera, etc

MSRP $28,890

OTD $25,078 (tax, $1000 traded in, $2745 in GM card, 0% + 3 yrs + $1500 holiday)

I guess I did not do bad at all for buying at a moment of notice

·
Registered
125 Posts
$30,600 out the door. see sig for vehicle.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
KD123 said:
I got 11' Nox a bout a week ago not by choice.
2LT FWD, leather, chrome package, camera, etc

MSRP $28,890

OTD $25,078 (tax, $1000 traded in, $2745 in GM card, 0% + 3 yrs + $1500 holiday)

I guess I did not do bad at all for buying at a moment of notice
So the dealer kidnapped you, took you to the showroom and forced you to buy it at gunpoint? ;D

·
Registered
82 Posts
They hold my 98 Malibu hostage. I drove from Houston to Orlando for vacation. The car had blinking engine light while cruising around 80-85 mph. I pulled over in Tallahassee and had it towed to the dealer. I had to waited 2 days because nothing opened there on Sat or Sun. On Monday, they said the coil which I just replaced them. Then the ICM, still no luck. Then they said the ECM which no one around has it new or used and it will take two days to order them. By Tuesday afternoon, I just had enough of it and decided to get a new one and continue my trip. If I tow the car somewhere else, I will owe them $600 and the car is in disassembled state. They only has 3 Noxs on the lot. The silver and light titanium leather got my attention there. So far, I love it. The only thing is the manual that said for the first 3000mi, do not drive over 68mph for more then 5 minutes at time. How do I drive home?

·
Registered
626 Posts
KD123 said:
the manual that said for the first 3000mi, do not drive over 68mph for more then 5 minutes at time. How do I drive home?
Uhh...don't exceed 68 for more than 5 minutes at a time?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine was US$ 30000 in Seattle, WA - after taxes, license and etc. I got a 2.9% 84 mo. loan on US$20000. But it was worth it.

It's a 2011 2.4L, LTZ, AWD, Nav + rear seat entertainment, sunroof. Everything but the trailer package and the 3.0 engine I think.

I couldn't find it for less anywhere. And they had to bring it from 100 mile away... The first week I went looking for the Equinox I went to the 3 closeby dealers and they were completely out of them. Any new Equinox - 2010, 2011, any trim. Next week I was able to drive one but it was sold already. And it also was there by trade from a distant dealer.

It has been barely a week but we have been through one snow storm (on the mountains) and a recent lowland snow today. So far so good, best car I have ever driven. My previous one was a Jeep Compass 2008 but I really regret buying it in the first place. The Equinox drives more smoothly. It's a joy to drive it.

Our other car is a 2009 Chrysler Town & Country minivan. It's a very nice car but the engine is loud and it feels like a bus. My wife is the main driver on that one and it stays in the house when there's snow.

·
Registered
626 Posts
The nav/rear-seat entertainment is hideously overpriced, IMHO. $3440?? Not! You can buy a Garmin for $100, and I just bought a Philips 2-screen DVD that plugs into the rear seat 12V outlet--$70 on sale at Target. If you want to go even cheaper you can use your smart phone and add Google nav for free!

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is yet another discussion about price. Please do a search or at least phrase the question so everyone can relate. Asking what you paid out the door does not make sense when state fees can change the price of the car by $4000!

Better to ask the MSRP and how much discount off of MSRP was negotiated. Then ask if there was any additional perks like a rebate or factory money for service. Then see if anyone paid for additional adds warranty, overpriced car wax, accessories.

As you may know state taxes can range from 0% to over 10%. And license fees can range from $30 to $400+. And not everyone here is paying in USD. Many people are from Canada.

So now we have a discussion where people posting about the GM card discount in the total price. Sure that comes off the price but it has nothing to do with the price of the vehicle. Why not talk about the finance charges or how much you needed to spend on the credit card to get the extra discount.

In summary...if you want to know how good of a deal you can get check the Sunday paper. This weekend (12/26/2010) in the Los Angeles times a few dealers were discounting the NOX $3220 + 1500 factory cash for ally bank on a BASE LS! That is a HUGE discount and a LOSS leader for the dealership. But if you try to buy a 2LT off of them, you are lucky to get a $800 discount and the 1500 factory ally finance cash.

Just don't ask final cost if you want an answer that makes any sense.

·
Registered
332 Posts
ObNOXious said:
This is yet another discussion about price. Please do a search or at least phrase the question so everyone can relate. Asking what you paid out the door does not make sense when state fees can change the price of the car by $4000!

Better to ask the MSRP and how much discount off of MSRP was negotiated.
Restated - 1LT 2010 Nox which is the same price as the 2011 here in Canada which is/was MSRP of $27725. Add to that the VIP ($735), XM ($260), Pioneer system ($435), cargo cover ($90) and destination charge ($1450) = $30,695.

We got $1000 off that price, a $750 GM maintenance card and $1500 trade in for our '99 van with multiple problems. Total before taxes was $28,195 plus the value of the card. Gave them $20,000 cash and financed the balance. Also bought 1 extra year of zero deductible full warranty which is overpriced but gives peace of mind.

·
Registered
125 Posts
ObNOXious said:

Better to ask the MSRP and how much discount off of MSRP was negotiated. Then ask if there was any additional perks like a rebate or factory money for service. Then see if anyone paid for additional adds warranty, overpriced car wax, accessories.

As you may know state taxes can range from 0% to over 10%. And license fees can range from $30 to $400+. And not everyone here is paying in USD. Many people are from Canada.

So now we have a discussion where people posting about the GM card discount in the total price. Sure that comes off the price but it has nothing to do with the price of the vehicle. Why not talk about the finance charges or how much you needed to spend on the credit card to get the extra discount.

In summary...if you want to know how good of a deal you can get check the Sunday paper. This weekend (12/26/2010) in the Los Angeles times a few dealers were discounting the NOX $3220 + 1500 factory cash for ally bank on a BASE LS! That is a HUGE discount and a LOSS leader for the dealership. But if you try to buy a 2LT off of them, you are lucky to get a $800 discount and the 1500 factory ally finance cash.

Well in that case, take into account that the $1500 off is only for certain loan lengths i think, like 36 months or something. so lets also take into account interest rates as the total paid in the end can also be considered.

Im not trying to knock anyones comments or statements. There are 100s of ways to calculate the price/cost/deal of a new/used vehicle. We will all interpret things differently, and thus the results of this thread are useless, but great for curiosity sake.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Still, I wonder if others found as difficult to grab their Equinox as I did. Is it some kind of end of year madness? Or GM was just not producing enough to cause more demand? Or was it only here?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guys,

Yes, I just thought to start discussion about the price that have been paid for NOX 2011 any trim level anywhere it is and doesn't matter that tax rate.

As I felt like I had been screwed-up by the dealer. $32K for 1LT!!! :( I just can regret nothing more I can do. I had to read this forum before making buying.

Thanks all for the comments and thoughts.
DAJ

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am not sure you have a 1LT. Do you have the window sticker?

1LT's don't have the: Navigation option.
Also most of this stuff is standard on a 2LT: Premium Cloth, Leather Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Power Driver Sit, Remote Start.

Did they install the factory nav or was it an option on the window sticker?

Also, you got an extended warranty that likely added $2K to the price.

G

·
ObNOXious said:

Exactly, coudn't have said it better. It's amazing how many dumb, dumbs on here trying to make sense of apples and oranges!
MSRP minus discount people!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ObNOXious said:
I am not sure you have a 1LT. Do you have the window sticker?

1LT's don't have the: Navigation option.
Also most of this stuff is standard on a 2LT: Premium Cloth, Leather Steering wheel, Bluetooth, Power Driver Sit, Remote Start.

Did they install the factory nav or was it an option on the window sticker?

Also, you got an extended warranty that likely added $2K to the price.
Yes, its 1LT Equinox. Dealers has third-party certified Navigation installer vendor who will install it on 1LT or 2LT. Yeah excluding warranty the total price will be around $29500.

@mmarges:
Everyone knows that sales TAX will be different in different places / states. BUT STILL it's good to share about the price that you paid. So that we can compare! NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts