GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone..I am looking at a few different models and was wondering if anyone has an experience on how much you can negotiate on the price of used?
I am looking at a 2011 SLT-2 AWD with 15K miles...dealer asking 27,900...been on lot 10 days
Next is a 2010 SLT-1 AWD No Moon Roof with 30K Miles..dealer asking 25,900...been on lot 130 days
Last is a 2010 SLE-2 2WD with Moon Roof and Heated Seats..22K miles..Dealer asking 23,000...been on lot 30 days.

I dont have much experience in used cars and pricing...I have looked up prices locally to get an idea....but didnt know how low I should start with them...especially if the car has been on the lot for awhile...Would you start a few thousand lower?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
e23nk1 said:
Hi everyone..I am looking at a few different models and was wondering if anyone has an experience on how much you can negotiate on the price of used?
I am looking at a 2011 SLT-2 AWD with 15K miles...dealer asking 27,900...been on lot 10 days
Next is a 2010 SLT-1 AWD No Moon Roof with 30K Miles..dealer asking 25,900...been on lot 130 days
Last is a 2010 SLE-2 2WD with Moon Roof and Heated Seats..22K miles..Dealer asking 23,000...been on lot 30 days.

I dont have much experience in used cars and pricing...I have looked up prices locally to get an idea....but didnt know how low I should start with them...especially if the car has been on the lot for awhile...Would you start a few thousand lower?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Check out kelly blue book and edmond;s to ee general price for these vehicles..
www.kbb.com www.edmunds.com will give you a starting point make sure you get a carfax and have your mechanic check it over before purchase

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Kelly blue book online has great info on buying new or used. They have a cool tool called fair purchase price o u can kinda see what the fair price ahold be around. www.kbb.com

Things to remember:prices can always always be negotiated !!
Especially on used cars since they want to move em quick. They either bought used cars from auction, or trade in or sometimes they are lemons so beware. Not sure if ur in te USA or not since those prices seem kinda steep for used but then again not sure what Awd V6 are goog for. Have to look it up. A new one is only a thousand or two more and u get warrenty. If your buying on monthly payments its not much more. Just figure the mo payments with new and used so u can see.

Also i would really consider reading reviews on those years and see if there were any issues, since if u browse on this forum people had some issuse with the 4cylinder. So far the 2012s havent had any major issues as past models had example startup scrape sounds and stalling.

I have purchased many new and used cars and from what i leared reaserch reaserch resaerch lol and get something u like and feel confortable in, Look around, price negotiate, Remember carsales man are about how much they can make. The more u get em down the more they loose out of commision. Dont be afraid to walk away and think about it for a day and dont be rushed into something. There will always be other cars lol
Watch this funny video on youtube regarding how to buy a car, it pretty mich sums it up lol.
Happy to help otherwise and there are alot of good people on this forum with good info!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPor5b7JLLE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 - 3 of 3 Posts