GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm getting ready to replace the transfer case and I have to drop some of the exhaust. I am going to replace the O2 sensors while I have it down and I need to know how many their are. I know there is one after each cat that is right off of the motor but I don't remember if there is one in front and behind the 3rd cat or not, or if it is only 1 behind it. Can anyone look and let me know. I want to get them ordered asap so I can have them here by Friday.

And FYI, I am only using the AC OE part.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I looked in my Helm Manual for my 2011 3.0L and all I can find is the (4) O2 sensors before and after each catalytic converter. It doesn’t depict any O2 sensors on that 3-way converter in the back.

However, if you search GMPartsDirect.com - it appears to make reference to *at least* (6) O2 sensors with its “positional terms”.

I’ll try to take a look underneath in the morning...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Guys, I'm getting ready to replace the transfer case and I have to drop some of the exhaust. I am going to replace the O2 sensors while I have it down and I need to know how many their are. I know there is one after each cat that is right off of the motor but I don't remember if there is one in front and behind the 3rd cat or not, or if it is only 1 behind it. Can anyone look and let me know. I want to get them ordered asap so I can have them here by Friday.

And FYI, I am only using the AC OE part.
There are 4 O2 sensors. Doing that project will be a good time to replace them. Bank 2 (front) are somewhat easy to get at. Bank 1, pull the pass side wheel for the post cat O2; for the pre cat O2, you'll have everything that needs to out of the way. I had a shop do the last one, 1 hour, they had to drop the cradle and the prop shaft.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
same thing on the Traverse with the similar 3.6.

4 sensors. (except they use 2 part #s).
Anyways- I changed my O2 sensors when I hit 100,000.
As preventative maintenance.

They were not acting up. But- they do get lazy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same thing on the Traverse with the similar 3.6.

4 sensors. (except they use 2 part #s).
Anyways- I changed my O2 sensors when I hit 100,000.
As preventative maintenance.

They were not acting up. But- they do get lazy.

I know. It seems like whenever I post anything you tell me that. Mainly cause I only like to do PM. :grin:

:smile:

4 of GM # 12634061 , OLD # 12607333

All 4 o2 sensors are the same on 3.0 v6

Yes thank you.

There are 4 O2 sensors. Doing that project will be a good time to replace them. Bank 2 (front) are somewhat easy to get at. Bank 1, pull the pass side wheel for the post cat O2; for the pre cat O2, you'll have everything that needs to out of the way. I had a shop do the last one, 1 hour, they had to drop the cradle and the prop shaft.

The front two are easy peasy. The rear two are another story. I got the bottom one off after I took the crossover pipe out. No problem other than the crossover pipe. The upper one is another story. I have to take the cat out to get the transfer case out but that connector is a booger. I actually removed the air box and got the connector unplugged from the topside. Not sure how I will get it put back in there. The connector didn't want to come out from where they had it routed by the ac compressor.

I looked in my Helm Manual for my 2011 3.0L and all I can find is the (4) O2 sensors before and after each catalytic converter. It doesn’t depict any O2 sensors on that 3-way converter in the back.

However, if you search GMPartsDirect.com - it appears to make reference to *at least* (6) O2 sensors with its “positional terms”.

I’ll try to take a look underneath in the morning...

One place I read said 3 and that was what I was thinking I remembered seeing. Then I realized I was remembering my sisters HHR that I was working on.

Reactions: bigb12359
1 - 6 of 6 Posts