GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a LTZ over a month ago and still have not received an e-mail saying they were starting to build it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
First of all, I'd recommend calling the dealer to see if the order has been placed. I did after two weeks and it made a difference:

I ordered a 2LT on September 28 or so, then a couple of weeks later they said they had not even placed the order yet, and that it would take another couple of weeks because of lack of allocations and then 8-12 weeks after that. Someone in the forum explained it takes about 6-7 weeks from order to build and then 2-3 weeks of transport to Texas. So... I decided not to wait and stated looking at inventory on every dealership within 150 miles and found an LTZ, so I went for it. I just didn't want to wait until December or even January.
If you're very strict on what you want you may not find what you're looking for in inventory, but if you have a bit of flexibility (especially in exterior AND interior color, which is where I'm not flexible at all) you should be able to find one to your liking not too far away if you don't want to wait.

Then again, if you haven't talked to your dealer, maybe it has already been order and it's been sitting at 3100 for a while (plenty of threads about this in the forum). If it has been ordered you can get the order number from the dealer and then track it online at camarotracking.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding. I live in a small town and apparently Equinoxes are like gold. I can't find one on the lot that I like. I will call the dealer AGAIN. Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
kaemac said:
I live in a small town and apparently Equinoxes are like gold. I can't find one on the lot that I like.
Wow, you're not kidding! I did a quick search for an LTZ within 150 miles of Bismarck (only city I know of in ND) and all I could find were AWD... and only 6 of them!

http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/vehiclelocator/results.do?dealerList=all&proximity=150&postalCode=58503&updateBt=Update&isMultiCounty=false&mmcs=1LM26&styleid=324178&year=2011&gmModelId=059&searchType=0&region=70&modelId=20226

Where I live usually get 5 pages worth of results!
Yeah... calling your dealer and waiting may be your best bet :(

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
It typically takes 6 to 8 weeks from the time an order is placed for the vehicle to reach the dealership. In terms of more information on your order, I would have to agree with the previous posts that contacting your dealership is your best bet. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
New here, first post. I started looking for a 1LT AWD starting last Monday. Found one about 45 miles from here. I was looking for Silver, they had a silver with the Driver Convenience Package which was a little more but I bought it. Pick it up on Friday. I'm in Northern Minnesota.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ironranger said:
New here, first post. I started looking for a 1LT AWD starting last Monday. Found one about 45 miles from here. I was looking for Silver, they had a silver with the Driver Convenience Package which was a little more but I bought it. Pick it up on Friday. I'm in Northern Minnesota.
Probably a good thing you snatched it up. They're like gold here in Michigan as well. I order my 2LT and it took 7 weeks to get it. I didn't think that was too bad for getting exactly what I wanted. Still, for some that is too long to wait :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
ironranger said:
Picked up our new car today, we love it! Drove away from the dealer with only 12 miles on it! Yipeeeeeee
Congratulations!!!! I'm sure you'll be having a GREAT weekend! :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
It took about 11 weeks from the date we ordered our 2010 to the day we drove it off the lot. I'm sure the dealership didn't place the order the next day and we weren't able to pick it up the day it came off the truck, so I would agree with 8-10 weeks for manufacturing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all your comments. I did call the dealer again and found out it had not been ordered when I thought it was. After a threat to buy it elsewhere, they said they had "updated" the order and it should be built the week of Nov. 8th. Only takes 1 day to build it according to the dealer. I am hoping to get it before thanksgiving as I don't want to drive 450 miles without all wheel drive this time of year. I hope this car is worth the wait.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well when I purchased my 2011 Euinox, it wasn't even at the dealer. The dealer had ordered one for their stock and the day I stopped in to look for one they said one was already on its way to them. They entered their order on August 27th. It started to be produced on August 31st. Production was complete on September 28th. It was shipped on September 29th. I stopped into the dealer and bought it on September 30th. It was scheduled to arrive at the dealer on October 12th. And true to their word it was ready for me on October 12th.

I don't think it will take 1 day to build.

And is it worth it? For me... Yes. I love it. Good luck!

·
Registered
207 Posts
dougrhon said:
We ordered a 2011 Equinox 2LT in mid July and I am sorry to say we only got it this week. I love it so far though.
That's a really long wait.

I order my Terrain on 9/20 and it was built on 11/17 ;D and now I am waiting for it to get shipped.
O and my TPW got dealed 1 week by GM, not sure why.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I started looking in mid-October, and there was nothing within 100 miles that matched. I was told at first, 8-12 weeks, then another dealer told me 6-8 weeks. At the end of October I went to order from a local dealer, but when they tried adding over $500 to a previously agreed-upon price and offered me a laughable amount on my trade I went elsewhere. The second local dealer was MUCH better, on honesty, price and trade in. Although they didn't have the exact car either (nobody did), I ended up going with my second choice on color and got it the next day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Z_Ghost said:
That's a really long wait.

I order my Terrain on 9/20 and it was built on 11/17 ;D and now I am waiting for it to get shipped.
O and my TPW got dealed 1 week by GM, not sure why.
I believe there was some 2-3 week delay at the factory.

·
Registered
207 Posts
dougrhon said:
I believe there was some 2-3 week delay at the factory.
Wounder why, the dealer said that GM would not tell him why it got pushed back.
O well it's built and should be here in a few weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went in and told the dealer what I wanted. They did a search, could not come up with one. Kept trying for a few days. Then they decided to factory order one for me. It was ordered on September 27th, arrived on November 19th and took delivery on November 22.

Love it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 'Nox is finally on the way home. It is on the train and heading to the deep South. It has been a long 10 1/2 week wait.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I couldn't find the color and options for my 2011 Equinox on any dealers nearby. When I talked to the local dealer, he looked on his computer and couldn't find the exact match either. I then saw on the internet a small dealer that was 38 miles away that showed one exactly like I wanted, when I went by to see it, that dealer told me it was in transit and would arrive soon. I wrote down the VIN for that vehicle and went back to my local dealer and asked him to check it. He did and found it was in transit, but it had not shown up on his lookup, because he was only able to see what was actually on dealers lot at the current time. He called the other dealer and asked for a transfer when that Nox came in. We made the deal and he got it delivered the next week. We picked it up on the day before Thanksgiving. When you are looking at inventory on the internet, some dealers will show cars that have not arrived yet.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts