GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone opened one up yet? The nine speed transmission keeps the revs very low, 252 horsepower.... There's some potential. I'm guessing it shuts off at 120mph.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My 2.0 LT Shuts off at 130 mph.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Has anyone opened one up yet? The nine speed transmission keeps the revs very low, 252 horsepower.... There's some potential. I'm guessing it shuts off at 120mph.
According to specifications published by Car & Driver Magazine:

The 2.0 Equinox is governor limited to 130 mph.

Another article suggested a theoretical 139 mph ungoverned top speed.

Pretty impressive given that the engine is only 122 cubic inch.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15088143/2018-chevrolet-equinox-20t-awd-test-review/

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is the Redline different than the others? It was my understanding it's just an appearance package. However, I wouldn't go over 100 in an SUV like this even in the best conditions, it's just not a sports car. My old Cadillac ATS would do it and still seem controlable but even that was scary.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the 2.0 motor and 9 speed transmission - I think all Redlines come with this engine and transmission so it's not just an appearance package. I've had ours up to 95 and it feels pretty darned safe. It handles well too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's the 2.0 motor and 9 speed transmission - I think all Redlines come with this engine and transmission so it's not just an appearance package. I've had ours up to 95 and it feels pretty darned safe. It handles well too.
The premier is also available with the 2.0 turbo and 9 speed, that's what I have. I've loved that powertrain since we go my wife's Malibu premier with it. The Equinox doesn't "feel" as fast as the Malibu but it's still better off the line than I ever thought a 4cly could be. When I need to get the **** out of the way I'm confident it will make it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The 2.0 engine is available in the LT or Premier trim; FWD or AWD with the 9 speed transmission.

The Redline package includes the 2.0 engine.

Another interesting note regarding the Redline package:
2018, and 2019 Redline models were only available in LT trim;
2020 Redline models, according to the brochure are now only available in Premier trim:

But contrary to the published 2020 Equinox brochure, showing only Premier Redlines; I've seen numerous 2020 Redlines in LT trim at my dealership?

·
Registered
73 Posts
The 2.0 engine is available in the LT or Premier trim; FWD or AWD with the 9 speed transmission.

The Redline package includes the 2.0 engine.

Another interesting note regarding the Redline package:
2018, and 2019 Redline models were only available in LT trim;
2020 Redline models, according to the brochure are now only available in Premier trim:

But contrary to the published 2020 Equinox brochure, showing only Premier Redlines; I've seen numerous 2020 Redlines in LT trim at my dealership?

So is there anything about the redline that is different mechanically from other 2.0 with 9 speed Equinox?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Speed limiter is calibrated to the speed rating of the tire listed on the OEM tire placard on most vehicles. My Continental has a extra sticker next to the tire sticker stating that if extended driving over 100 mph increase air pressure by 5 psi. .

·
Registered
511 Posts
So is there anything about the redline that is different mechanically from other 2.0 with 9 speed Equinox?
No mechanical differences.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts