GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went from Iowa City, Ia to Henderson, Co to buy our Terrain in July. This was a 1600 mile round trip to get the exact vehicle we wanted. Since I'm retired, it wasn't an inconvenience, it was simply a trip very much worth our time to get the Terrain we really wanted. Just wondering------ how far did you travel to get your Terrain??

·
Registered
10,394 Posts
20 miles, and I got the EXACT Equinox that I wanted. However, I had to wait 20 weeks, because I ordered it !

·
Registered
297 Posts
We traveled 8.68 miles to get our 'Nox. We ordered ours, too, so we could get the exact options we wanted. Ours took about 12 weeks to show up at the dealership.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I might win this one, :)
Mine was delivered to me, huge storm developed the night i was supposed to pick it up so the salesman delivered it to me the next day. Brought it right to me at work. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought mine about 80 km away from where I live. I ordered mine and it took approximately 12 weeks to get it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
RSchleder said:
We went from Iowa City, Ia to Henderson, Co to buy our Terrain in July. This was a 1600 mile round trip to get the exact vehicle we wanted. Since I'm retired, it wasn't an inconvenience, it was simply a trip very much worth our time to get the Terrain we really wanted. Just wondering------ how far did you travel to get your Terrain??
You get it at Transwest? That is where I bought my Sierra. To your original question, 15 miles to where I ordered it from. My salesman moved from Transwest to a different dealer.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The dealer where I bought my Nox is about a 10 minute drive from home depending on traffic. Lucky for me, the nearest dealer also has a good friend of mine as the manager of the sales team.

·
Registered
446 Posts
About 6 miles. Took us over an hour and a half though, it was in the middle of a blizzard! We were serious about buying that day. :) Driving home was a dream though, even in the rough weather. Because the 'Nox handled so increadably good in the snow. And we only have the FWD model.

·
Registered
977 Posts
About 6 miles. I saw online that the dealer had the Nox I wanted but when I went to the lot it wasn't there. When I spoke to the salesman he said it shows up on their on line inventory after it is built at the factory. The Nox arrived 3 days later on the exact date the salesman indicated. I originally wanted black but when I saw the color (Mocha) on another Nox I liked it. It came with mats and some other package that had a leather steering wheel cover and bluetooth that I did not want but it didn't add much to the cost and I kinda like the leather wheel and the radio controls on the steering wheel. I took the mats out so I could install liners.

·
Registered
91 Posts
About 10 miles. Had my old car towed to the dealer we bought our Traverse at 8 months before, and low and behold they had the perfect Black LT1 'Nox on the lot. Thank god I didn't have to order (didn't have time - the old car needed a new transmission that would have cost more than it was worth).

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got mine about 65 miles away.. No dealer had what I wanted SLT-2 in Onyx Black, and I didn't want to wait the 8-10 weeks for it to be made, so I settled on the only other option I was able to find. I got the SLE-2 and installed black leather :) the other options that I'm missing i.e. back up sensors, power liftgate and the memory seat didn't bother me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went to to toronto to buy my nox.. thats a 7400 km round trip from my place.. ;D

·
Registered
4 Posts
RSchleder said:
I had to wait just over a month to get the one I wanted. It turned out not to be the EXACT model I wanted, but I did get a free V6 upgrade out of it (Commitment to a price for a V4 model). Received my Terrain from a dealer in southern Illinois, though it was transferred locally for me. (I'm in Chicagoland)

I was amazed how rare Terrains were around here late last year. I was one of the first on my block to get a Terrain. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
V4?? Didn't know you could get a V4. ???

·
Registered
365 Posts
I drove a mile to the local GMC dealer but since they have no allocation and I have been trapped at 1100 status for a month I could have flown to the moon and back quicker ;D

·
Registered
698 Posts
fireman591 said:
I drove a mile to the local GMC dealer but since they have no allocation and I have been trapped at 1100 status for a month I could have flown to the moon and back quicker ;D
I thought you were going to give up and get a RAV4...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Terrain said:
I thought you were going to give up and get a RAV4...
Kia Sorento ;D I gave the dealer and GM till Sept 1st to provide a build date. I think 6 weeks is fair enough. If they fail to do so I will take my $30000 to the Kia dealer ;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I drove about 2 HRS/130 miles to a dealership in Atlanta. There is a dealer about 10 minutes from where I live but they werent willing to move on the two they had in stock. Plus, the carbon black one had 300 miles on it. The one I bought had 17. If one person can't, someone else can.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts