GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a close-out panel for my 2014 Nox when I took delivery of the vehicle, a year and a half ago. The dealer had installed it. Now I have a need to remove it for a few weeks and I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I can lift on the upper side (rear seat side) of the panel put can only lift it a couple of inches. I don't want to keep pulling on it as I don't want to snap something off. Any procedures for safely removing the close-out panel would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
No tools.. just gently pry up. Put down the back seats and pry up.. it has bushings and pins that hold it down. When not familiar it seems intimidating. But it's not bad.. 10 mins at most.

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I preyed up on the panel from the back seat side and the panel popped out. That being said, there is a metal bar that is snapped into the underside of the panel that stays attached to the Nox through locking holes on each side of the vehicle's floor. Once you can see the holes you realize that the bar is held in place by a locking mechanism that is just like what holds the headrests into the top of the vehicle's seats. It looks like reaching in under the panel and pressing the buttons on the side of collar around the 2 holes would allow you to simply lift the closeout panel out like you'd raise a headrest out of a seat back.

·
Registered
130 Posts
t923347 said:
Thanks, I preyed up on the panel from the back seat side and the panel popped out. That being said, there is a metal bar that is snapped into the underside of the panel that stays attached to the Nox through locking holes on each side of the vehicle's floor. Once you can see the holes you realize that the bar is held in place by a locking mechanism that is just like what holds the headrests into the top of the vehicle's seats. It looks like reaching in under the panel and pressing the buttons on the side of collar around the 2 holes would allow you to simply lift the closeout panel out like you'd raise a headrest out of a seat back.
While your panel is out, would you take and post a couple photos showing what you are describing? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
t923347 said:
Thanks, It looks like reaching in under the panel and pressing the buttons on the side of collar around the 2 holes would allow you to simply lift the closeout panel out like you'd raise a headrest out of a seat back.
Yes, I was a bit rushed in my reply. But, yes, there are releasing collars for those pins that should be visible if you open it up.

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a w warn said:
While your panel is out, would you take and post a couple photos showing what you are describing? Thanks!
After you have pulled the close-out panel out by a pry from the top/seat side it will look like this (note - the picture is showing the panel from the under side):

Note the 2 long pins on each end connected by a long felt covered bar. Those pins fit into a holes which have a releasing collar around them. This is a picture of the hole with the collar:

On the out board side of each collar there is a release button. When the button is depressed you can just pull the close out panel up to take it out in one piece. Just pulling up on the panel as I initially did leaves the bar inside the holes and requires that you have to reconnect it to the panel once you've released it from the floor holes.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks for the instructions on how to do this. :cheers: I need to remove mine so I can reinstall it into the new Nox I pick up on Thursday ;D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
remove it now--- before you forget and turn it in.

·
Registered
341 Posts
LOL... It's like you know me personally. ;) Going to do it at lunch today. Working now...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
RobtRoma said:
LOL... It's like you know me personally. ;) Going to do it at lunch today. Working now...

;D :thumb:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Got it out. Very easy to do once you know about the tabs. It's sitting in the cargo area with the cargo net and mat I purchased on my own. Will put them in the garage tonight. Going to use them with the new Nox as well. Too bad I can't find a way to get the AVE in-channel window visors out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got it out. Very easy to do once you know about the tabs. It's sitting in the cargo area with the cargo net and mat I purchased on my own. Will put them in the garage tonight. Going to use them with the new Nox as well. Too bad I can't find a way to get the AVE in-channel window visors out.
I purchased a close-out panel for my 2014 Nox when I took delivery of the vehicle, a year and a half ago. The dealer had installed it. Now I have a need to remove it for a few weeks and I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I can lift on the upper side (rear seat side) of the panel put can only lift it a couple of inches. I don't want to keep pulling on it as I don't want to snap something off. Any procedures for safely removing the close-out panel would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.
Well here it is July 2020 and I could not get my panel out. The cloth back of the seat (The carpet side that is the cargo area of the floor) had popped loose and I had to remove the panel.). When I originally installed the panel it was “Press and Play” but as others noted the panel does not easily come off. Well, I searched YouTube to no avail then I remembered this forum. And I found this thread and the photos as well. Many thanks for making this a very simple project. Kudo‘s to the kind member who posted the photos of the release latch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts