GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live on the west coast and I am wondering how my Terrain will get to me. I am assuming it will go on a rail car and at some point get transferred to a truck. Am I right?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes you are right.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Are you thinking of hijacking the train so you can get it early? :eek: ;D

·
Registered
101 Posts
I suspect the question was geared more towards wether GM would drive the cars with the odometer unplugged or something (I know I was worried :) )

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
quantumbyte said:
I suspect the question was geared more towards wether GM would drive the cars with the odometer unplugged or something (I know I was worried :) )
I don't think that's legal...especially not for Government Motorors Corporation. ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
The only time that I would think that they would be allowed to drive one to a dealer is if a dealer was making a trade.

Living in Arlington TX close to the GM plant and the rail yard will make it hard to know that my Terrain is sitting there when it gets here.

My Cobalt got to the rail yard right before the July 4 weekend and I had to wait 5 extra days for it to get to the dealer. :-\

·
Registered
306 Posts
NoobNox--didn't GM pay off their Government loan a few months ago?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew it wasn't going to be driven :)

I was wondering more about riding on the back of a truck during the winter in areas that use road salt, and who is going to be moving my baby from the rail car to the truck! :(

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
RSchleder said:
NoobNox--didn't GM pay off their Government loan a few months ago?
Actually it's been nearly a year since they paid it back...I was just trying to make funny. ;)

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
dishdude said:
I knew it wasn't going to be driven :)

I was wondering more about riding on the back of a truck during the winter in areas that use road salt, and who is going to be moving my baby from the rail car to the truck! :(
probaly some **** union guy that doesnt care about your vehicle anymore than the guys on the assembly line.
Just kidding they would have to pay for any and all repairs if vehicle was damaged while in transit so if the railroad guy takes it off the train and backs into another vehicle the guy from the trucking company wont accept the vehicle etc

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Just think how many vehicles are banged up at the assembly plant....Fixed up and sent on to the new owner
I've seen hundreds of vehicles sitting in a yard at the plant waiting to get repaired...Only one thing they won't repair, if a panel has to be cut off the car and welded back on they scrap the car and start over.
When GM scraps a vehicle they remove nothing from the vehicle and put it in the crusher. At least they did that in the 90's when I worked at a assembly plant

·
Registered
65 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
probaly some **** union guy that doesnt care about your vehicle anymore than the guys on the assembly line.
Just kidding they would have to pay for any and all repairs if vehicle was damaged while in transit so if the railroad guy takes it off the train and backs into another vehicle the guy from the trucking company wont accept the vehicle etc

Probably some **** union guy that doesn't care...........maybe ancient history like when you were there in the 90's...but up here in Canada where the Nox and Terrain are built ........WE at least most of us(I'm a CAW Oshawa employee)care.........

fourmoremarine said:
Just think how many vehicles are banged up at the assembly plant....Fixed up and sent on to the new owner
I've seen hundreds of vehicles sitting in a yard at the plant waiting to get repaired...Only one thing they won't repair, if a panel has to be cut off the car and welded back on they scrap the car and start over.
When GM scraps a vehicle they remove nothing from the vehicle and put it in the crusher. At least they did that in the 90's when I worked at a assembly plant

A lot of those vehicles that you see in the yard are not from damage they could be from a part that is not up to standards or defective from the supplier,so they will not put in .Or a part that is not avaliable.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
tjjkc said:
Probably some **** union guy that doesn't care...........maybe ancient history like when you were there in the 90's...but up here in Canada where the Nox and Terrain are built ........WE at least most of us(I'm a CAW Oshawa employee)care.........

A lot of those vehicles that you see in the yard are not from damage they could be from a part that is not up to standards or defective from the supplier,so they will not put in .Or a part that is not avaliable.
OR DAMAGED By the way did you read the part where I said just kidding?
The point I was trying to make to the OP was many vehicles are already repaired when they reach the showroom and the buyer doesn't know about it

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Terrains get to the dealers on a... Train... ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts