GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the LTZ in Mocha Steel Metallic. When I saw the Equinox at the local auto show, under the lights the Mocha Steel Metallic was a fairly light color. However, I have seen some recent photos that had the mocha steel metallic as a fairly dark brown, almost like a chocolate color.

If someone can let me know that has seen the color in natural sun light what the actual appearance of Mocha Steel Metallic is, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for getting back to me on this. I really appreciate it. Since ordering it, I have been concerned that I wouldn't like the color.

Your response really helps. I wonder if anyone has any pictures to post.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
SnowItch said:
Light chocolate. Darker than Hershey's milk chocolate. Somewhere between dark chocolate and milk chocolate.
I thought of it as a Chocolate Latte' just before a small amount of cream was added... :p JK

It seems like some of the new colors that changes somewhat as the light around it changes or your viewing angle changes. So pictures would be hard to get the right hue from it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all the responses. It helps to put my mind at ease. I really started to get concerned that I had bought a dark chocolate colored car from the 1970's. The pictures of the Terrain helped a lot.

Thanks again. Now I just have to wait several months for my LTZ to come in. Which is good since I have a few more months to save up for the downpayment.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I so wanted the Acadia in this color to no avail.

Not to keen on the color for the Terrain but the Nox looks sharp in this color.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SnowItch said:
It really is a beautiful color. What color interior?
I ordered the Jet Black/Brownstone. I thought the brown interior would complement the exterior color.

I'd like to just jump ahead 10 weeks already.

·
Registered
635 Posts
GM had a show highlighting new models at the 2010 Toronto Auto Show. After the presentation the audience was invited to examine cars on stage.

We went up and looked at the Mocha Steel Equinox with Brownstone leather interior. As we walked up to 'Nox we could see the interior and exterior together

through the open door and under the bright lights.

Wife and I looked at each other in unison, raised eyebrows and grinned!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had my GMC Terrain SLT-2 in the Mocha Steel Color w/jet black-brownstone interior for one week now and really love it. This combination is just outstanding. I get many compliments. I always give my automobiles a name. My last car was a 2005 Jet Black Equinox, I named it Black Beauty. This new Terrain I'm naming it Mocha Express, not to be confused with Mocha Expresso.
I'm sure you will love this color once you get yours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is an awesome site found you last night. Thanks so much for all the great reviews and coments. It has put my mind at ease. We also have purchased a Nox, Jan 7 and are still waiting. Have been told it will be here next couple of weeks. We orded it in the Mocha Steel. I was wanting White at first until we seen the Mocha Steel at a dealer. Went with that, and took a chance on the Brownstone interior. Have not seen that interior, was wondering what it looks like, and by the comments below, looks like I will be happy. Thanks again for the great comments.

Was wondering if anybody has heard wether the financing is going to change. Was hoping it will change to 0% after the Olympics. Have been downtown Vancouver watching the Olympics for the past 2 weeks and all the Equinoxs and Traveres are sitting in the underground parking lot for the Media. Had to laugh everytime one drove by me, I said to the husband, no wonder we have been waiting for 8-10 weeks, they are all here.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Linda said:
We also have purchased a Nox, Jan 7
I purchased a Mocha 'Nox on Jan 7th also....Lets see who gets delivery first! :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Roesterman said:
I purchased a Mocha 'Nox on Jan 7th also....Lets see who gets delivery first! :p
Hey Roesterman, it will be very interesting to see who gets the Mocha Nox first. My question is are you on the east coast or here on West Coast Vancouver. Wondering if it makes a difference from the factory.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Linda said:
Hey Roesterman, it will be very interesting to see who gets the Mocha Nox first. My question is are you on the east coast or here on West Coast Vancouver. Wondering if it makes a difference from the factory.
I am in Ontario. About a two hour drive from the Ingersoll plant where the Nox and Terrain are built. Did you look into buying an Olympic driven vehicle at all Linda?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Roesterman said:
GM had a show highlighting new models at the 2010 Toronto Auto Show. After the presentation the audience was invited to examine cars on stage.

We went up and looked at the Mocha Steel Equinox with Brownstone leather interior. As we walked up to 'Nox we could see the interior and exterior together

through the open door and under the bright lights.

Wife and I looked at each other in unison, raised eyebrows and grinned!
Is it just me? Maybe it's the color. But the Mocha Nox in those pictures looks like it's ready to pounce on something! It looks like a puma lol. 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Roesterman

Actually all the Olympic equinox's and Travers's will be coming back to the dealers in about 2 weeks time after the Olympics to be sold at a considerably cheaper price, so I have been told. They will have low KM on the them, as they have all been used to transport Athletes and Media around Vancouver and some to Whistler.

I was told by my dealer who was one of the officials dealers to kick off the Olympic Eqinox, that I could for extra cost purchase the emblem to put onto my new equinox. I told them it was ok , that I will take it without. We have had an unbelievable olympics here in BC, and I am so proud of Canada. Back east has produced some awesome Athletes, to make us all proud. Hope you are watching the Hockey game right now. We are all on pins and needles

Anyhow can't wait for my knox should be this week, I am hoping to beat you on the time lol, Hoping that all that snow you are getting back there will delay yours. lol. Could have used it here.

Since you are only 2 hours away, I think I may loose.

·
Registered
44 Posts
SnowItch said:
Linda,

Positive review of the Brownstone interior

http://izoom.com/auto.aspx?article=2010chevyequinox.html

Have to say that I agree ;D
Great link SnowItch! I have to say that GM did an EXCELLENT JOB on picking each and every one of the interior options with the 2010 Nox. The cloth interior offerings are reminiscent of various Recaro racing seat type materials and the leathers are just pure class (not surprising your link compared the new Nox to a Lexus).

I REALLY hope GM keeps this up because it's a winner!!! Weren't we all just sick and tired of thosel bland & basically just plain ugly plain grey cloth interior that so many GM cars started having? It was getting so bad I was missing the black or burgundy velor interior days... seriously I liked them much better.

But now FINALLY every option is good. There's not a dog in the bunch. It's really just a matter of whether you want to spring for the leather (which is sweet) or not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts