GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reasong my 2011 Terrain has stopped tooting the horn when I lock it using the keyless entry. I checked the config screens and it is still set up to flash lights & toot horn. Only thing it does is flash the lights.

Anyone have any ideas? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I believe that typically the horn will sound after the doors are locked. Therefore you would need to push the button twice to hear the horn sound. Are you pushing the button twice? Please feel free to contact me here or via private message if you have further questions or concerns. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
I believe that typically the horn will sound after the doors are locked. Therefore you would need to push the button twice to hear the horn sound. Are you pushing the button twice? Please feel free to contact me here or via private message if you have further questions or concerns. Thank you.

I don't normally have mine set for the horn to sound but just set it to sound in config; the doors locked and horn sounded with one press. Same as all the Buick's I have owned.
See pages 2-3 and 5-34 of the owners manual; nothing is said about having to press the remote two times for the horn to sound----------the settings are lights flash, lights flash and horn sounds or off.

·
Registered
468 Posts
43sbest said:
I don't normally have mine set for the horn to sound but just set it to sound in config; the doors locked and horn sounded with one press. Same as all the Buick's I have owned.
See pages 2-3 and 5-34 of the owners manual; nothing is said about having to press the remote two times for the horn to sound----------the settings are lights flash, lights flash and horn sounds or off.
If you have it setup for just the lights to flash pressing the button a second time will sound the horn as what Tricia was referring too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:

Mystery solved! It pains me to say it but........one of the rear doors was not closed all the way. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Duh!

·
Registered
95 Posts
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :facepalm:
sometimes the easiest solution is the hardest to figure out. Always check the obvious

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
robterrain said:
Mystery solved! It pains me to say it but........one of the rear doors was not closed all the way. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Duh!
Yeah- this is the same on my other GM's..
I use this feature-- when I have many passengers and were walking away from the vehicle...
If you press the lock button and it does not toot- it means theres a door open. and thats very possible with kids jumping out etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts