GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I am driving my dad's Pontiac Bonneville until my 'Nox gets here and I recently bought a harness-type seat belt for my dog with an attachment that is supposed to hook to the place where you would hook up a car seat for a child. On the Bonneville though, this hook is placed too high for the harness to reach...I have just been hooking it to the seat belt and treating it as a temporary solution since it's not very safe (he can still try to get into the front seat by stretching the seat belt).

I am just wondering if anyone knows where this car seat hook up is located in the 2010 Equinox? If it is in a similar far-off location I may have to consider buying an extender.

Thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I downloaded the manual and took a look. It looks like there are metal anchors in the crease between the seat cushion and the seatback, as well as "top tether anchors" around the back of the rear seat. Sweet, that makes travelling with a furry friend MUCH simpler and easier!

·
Registered
239 Posts
While you are using the Bonniville you should pull the seat belt all the way out before you do it up.
That should put the seatbelt into it's locked mode and prevent the dog from stretching it .

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice idea! Never thought of that, thanks :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts