GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '10 Nox 2LT and love it. I would like to have a nice clean Homelink (garage door opener solution) The dealer told me to go to a high end Stereo shop and check out their options.

If you did this Mod please post pics and the parts you used so I could do the same mod.

For those that used Homelink how did you mount it? Do you have pix?

·
Registered
87 Posts
my mother in law had it installed in her Equinox from the dealer for $125 I think. They installed it in the area between the visor and the sunroof.

I'm planning on getting one off ebay and trying it in the same location on my Equinox.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cmarcho said:
my mother in law had it installed in her Equinox from the dealer for $125 I think. They installed it in the area between the visor and the sunroof.

I'm planning on getting one off ebay and trying it in the same location on my Equinox.
pix or it didn't happen :)

what model did she get? was it aftermarket?

i think if it was aftermarket a hi end stereo place will be where i go. but if it is a gm part i just need a part number and i will order it.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cmarcho said:
she had it done at the Chevy dealer, and it looked identical to the unit that is found in most GM visors.

If you look on ebay, you'll see plenty of them for around $30 or so.

here's one that looks like the one she had installed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Homelink-Universal-Transmitter-Custom-Rolling-Codes-/170709807253?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27bf18f095
so the dealer cut into the visor? my gmc dealer didn't offer that they told me to beat it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No they didn't cut into the visor, they cut into the headliner area between the visor and sunroof. If I see them soon I'll get a pic. They live an hour away and I don't visit them very often.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cmarcho said:
No they didn't cut into the visor, they cut into the headliner area between the visor and sunroof. If I see them soon I'll get a pic. They live an hour away and I don't visit them very often.
i just came from the dealer again. i even asked my service advisor and he said a pro stereo shop will do it and he added dealers have subs that come in and do the work at other dealerships which would explain how your in-laws got it done.

btw i ordered a cargo cover oem for $85. i think their computer made a huge mistake in my favor. :cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
AMG Eric said:
You do not see the remote it is mounted somewhere out of site, it is hooked up to the high beams. when you approach your garage just flash the high beams twice and the door opens.

From the website;

The Transmitter is a radio frequency device that is mounted under the hood of the car. It is relatively small, approximately 2” x 2” x ¾” and is attached under the hood with either the enclosed screws, or the plastic zip tie. The wires are attached with Posi-Tap™ connectors to the headlight high beam positive wire and to the ground wire. The Flash2Pass™ transmitter is non-polarized so you can attach either wire to the headlight wires.

The Flash2Pass™ receiver is designed to replace the pushbutton inside your garage. If you have additional functions on your pushbutton that you would like to keep, the receiver can be installed next to your original pushbutton and “piggybacked” to it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PhilM said:
You do not see the remote it is mounted somewhere out of site, it is hooked up to the high beams. when you approach your garage just flash the high beams twice and the door opens.

From the website;

The Transmitter is a radio frequency device that is mounted under the hood of the car. It is relatively small, approximately 2” x 2” x ¾” and is attached under the hood with either the enclosed screws, or the plastic zip tie. The wires are attached with Posi-Tap™ connectors to the headlight high beam positive wire and to the ground wire. The Flash2Pass™ transmitter is non-polarized so you can attach either wire to the headlight wires.

The Flash2Pass™ receiver is designed to replace the pushbutton inside your garage. If you have additional functions on your pushbutton that you would like to keep, the receiver can be installed next to your original pushbutton and “piggybacked” to it.
I have to admit I saw how big and ugly it was and then just moved on. I am guilty of not reading that all the way :banghead:

I truely wonder if this would work considering all the issues we have just go get HIDs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts