GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frustrated GM decided not to add Homelink, I decided to buy one off Ebay for $20. A friend and I installed it in the overhead console. There was plenty of rooms since I dont have the knob for the Auto Liftgate. Just 2 wires, one 12v and the other ground. Learning the buttons was a snap and it works like a charm! Also added 20x8 inch TSW Indy 500 rims on Nitto 420s (245/45/20)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Re: Added Homelink and 20in rims

Good job, all the way around.
The homelink looks like it's factory!

Thanks for sharing, gmcdan!

·
Registered
830 Posts

I would like to do this but i have the sunroof where you put your controls...

I dont know where i could put them...

·
Registered
170 Posts

Good job! Looks really sharp!
How much did you pay for the mudflaps, easy to install?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Purchased them from the dealer, around $80 for front and back. Very easy to install, just follow instructions. An hour or so to do all four.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I decided to purchase a second set of TPMS for the new wheels, didn't want to break the bead on the factory wheels to get to the original TPMS. The new set of wheels with the new TPMS automatically learned themselves after driving a short distance, not like the factory, which you have to release air to teach which corner of the Terrain their on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
On the Homelink.....what vehicle was that off of, or is a universal? It does fit nice and appears stock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure what vehicle it came from. I just typed homelink in the search window on Ebay and looked for a grey color with rolling codes, as some specified that they are non-rolling code openers. Most garage door openers made in the last 5 years have rolling codes for security reasons.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Looks awesome!!!!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
gmcdan said:
Not sure what vehicle it came from. I just typed homelink in the search window on Ebay and looked for a grey color with rolling codes, as some specified that they are non-rolling code openers. Most garage door openers made in the last 5 years have rolling codes for security reasons.
They also can be sewn into the sunvisors. The older corvette owners send their visors out for the mod.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Where did you steal the 12v from and ground? Or did you go straight to battery, etc??

·
Registered
15 Posts
nice job, how does it ride with the wheels and tires? I am looking to change from my 18" factorys to aftermarket 19" or 20's..

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'm not really much of a car modder (most of my cars stay stock) but I must say that the Homelink install looks very nicely done, and those wheels are better than the bling bling stock 19"ers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts