GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed an open space with recessed leds on the top of the drivers side dashboard on my 18 'nox premier. No info in the owners manual. I'm guessing heads up display?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Its in the manual. The lights flash for forward collision.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks..... I'm old and slow on the uptake. my first new car had the optional am radio and vinyl seat covers. No heater or defroster. But, it did have a 1500 cc engine(air cooled)

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Thanks..... I'm old and slow on the uptake. my first new car had the optional am radio and vinyl seat covers. No heater or defroster. But, it did have a 1500 cc engine(air cooled)
VeeDub ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Me too, got too close to vehicle ahead of me, Nox would have braked in next second.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I get a lot of phantom flashes.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I get a lot of phantom flashes.
So far I have not seen the collision warning. I have the Collision Alert set to Near.
My cousin was here a few weeks back with her new Honda Pilot and she said when meeting a car in a sharp curve she would get a brake message.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I should look through my settings and see what it is set at.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I should look through my settings and see what it is set at.
I'm using the button on the left side of steering wheel. The display will show 1 bar for near and 3 bars for far.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Are you talking about the paddles on the back side of the steering wheel?

hmm well I cant wait to get to the car after work now.. I was looking at pictures and I see what button you are taking about, in the middle of the cluster on the left side.. maybe I'm crazy but I don't think mine has that.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Are you talking about the paddles on the back side of the steering wheel?

I see what button you are taking about, in the middle of the cluster on the left side.. .
That's correct. It's a picture of 2 cars with a star between them.
When you press it, the DIC will show 3 different settings.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sounds like this discussion is talking about two different features. The button you're referring to, on the left side of the steering wheel on our Premier controls the lane change alert. The button turns it on or off. When it's on you will feel steering resistance if you try to wander out of your lane, (on well marked, snow free roads), an icon will appear in the DIC, and your seat will vibrate. MHO, it's a PITA. I leave it off.
The front collision alert sensitivity can be adjusted through the personal preferences menu. I don't do much with the menus, my wife takes care of that. The flashing red light on the windshield was distracting in traffic, so I had her turn it off. I haven't rear ended anyone in the last sixty years. I hope I'm not around when all vehicles drive themselves, I like driving!
Howard

·
Registered
976 Posts
Sounds like this discussion is talking about two different features. The button you're referring to, on the left side of the steering wheel on our Premier controls the lane change alert.
There's a button on the steering for both Lane Change and Collision Alert.

Selecting the Alert Timing
The Collision Alert control is on the
steering wheel. Press[to set the
FCA timing to Far, Medium, or Near,
or on some vehicles, Off. The first
button press shows the current
setting on the DIC. Additional button
presses will change this setting.

·
Registered
407 Posts
There's a button on the steering for both Lane Change and Collision Alert.

Yup.. you blew my mind.. I have no idea why I haven't noticed the forward collision button.. it's right in the bloody middle lol!

Reactions: Lee F

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sure enough, there it was, the button to control forward collision selections. I very seldom drive the Premier but I know the salesman at the dealer asked what selection we wanted and I didn't pay attention to what he did. My wife may have turned it off in the Premier, fortunately I drive the LT diesel almost exclusively and don't have to deal with these dummy proof features. I do, however, like many of the features of the Premier and if I was going to do it over I'd probably step up to a Premier diesel. I don't like the way GM packages the diesel LT. Many of the features of the $1995 convenience package offered on the gas LT are included with the diesel LT but I was disappointed that the power/remote lift gate was not. You have to buy an additional $2200+ (?) package to get it on the diesel. That package also includes entertainment upgrades, moon roof and navigation, etc. which I have no use for. Anyway, thanks for the heads up about the subject feature.
Howard

1 - 19 of 19 Posts