GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am deciding to put a hitch on my 2010 Equinox LS and was wondering what most of you guys are doing with this.
I have a quote from uhaul for around $200 just the the class 2 or class 3 hitch installed (same price).
So they tell me they cannot get a wiring package for this as it has to be done by the dealer...Is this correct?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I received my hitch package from them also this week, very nice!! The wiring looks very easy to install. Just unplug your tail light, plug in the harness to the lights and then plug the factory connector to the harness. Now if I only had my Terrain!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Has anyone got a quote from a dealer for a hitch and wiring installation? How much will this cost, and does the vehicle need a computer re-flash for the hitch? Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I appreciate the posting and related info Snowitch. Thankyou. Still wondering about the cost for the package.

·
Registered
63 Posts
SnowItch said:
It'll be a while before I get to crawl under the Nox and do the install:
Send me some of that will ya????? I got a new arctic cat that I haven't even been able to take out of the garage yet!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Man, do I ever appreciate your info! That's a good web site. I picked out a few more options too. Thanks once again for the great info!

·
Registered
63 Posts
We are usually burried in by now but I can still see my lawn!!!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I think we are about to catch up. They are calling for 12 -18 inches tonight into Wednesday night.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The Curt wiring went in today but not quite per the directions. I enlarged the hole in the tail light well and fed the wiring thru and down into the spare tire well and across and up the other side. That way its all inside for our salt covered winter roads here in Michigan. The Curt hitch goes on tomorrow but not without some cosmetic changes. I scuff sanded it all over and applied 2 coats of Herculiner (truck bed coating) to it. That should keep it from rusting for a long time. Once its in I will try to take a photo and post it here.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts