GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory Trailer Hitch installed on my 2011 Terrain and I wanted to get a cover for it....because it's ugly sitting out and I'm a weirdo lol

Any ideas on a cover? I'm not talking about a full cover, but something like http://www.amazon.com/New-York-Yankees-Hitch-Cover/dp/B000I2XZ52

I know it doesn't stick out much, so wasn't sure about it. I've never had a trailer hitch on my car so I dunno

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well those are cool, it's just I'm a pretty big Yankees fan, and really didnt want to put a sticker on the rear window because of the wiper back there (didn't want it making noises while going over it or anything)

I just wanted to know if a cover like the one I posted would fit? I don't know if it would stick out far enough (I see that the hitch ends right around the car, so I dont know if it were to clear or not)

again, never owned a trailer hitch before =/

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm seeing things lke class II and class III but I just don't know what the one on the car came with

·
Registered
93 Posts
Check the size of your socket if it is 1 1/4 inch before you buy anything. As far as I know it is standard with GMC Terrain the size of 1 1/4 inch, I'm not sure with Nox.

·
Registered
196 Posts
TerrainSLT2 said:
Check the size of your socket if it is 1 1/4 inch before you buy anything. As far as I know it is standard with GMC Terrain the size of 1 1/4 inch, I'm not sure with Nox.
it is for the nox as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just measure the width of the opening (square), It will be either 1 1/4" which would be typical on a 4 cylinder terrain, or 2" which would likely be found on a 6 Cylinder truck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I couldn't find the hitch cover I wanted so I made one from 1/8 inch aluminum plate. I cut it out in the shape of the Harley Davidson emblem and just put a Harely decal on it. Looks like it came form Harely and only cost me $5 (cost of emblem) and about 2-3 hours of my time. Making it myself was a fun project as I enjoy working with metal even though I don't have all the proper tools that would make the job easier. Instead of using the hitch pin I used a 1/2 inch stainless steel bolt and nut to make it a little more difficult to take for someone who liked it more then me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Draw tite makes a cover for the class II. I use it on my Nox. Just plain rubber but looks better that just an open square.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've got a little rubber boot from CURT Mfg that fits snug into the opening. Nice and clean. But is has fallen out in car washes. :thumb:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought the trapezoidal shaped chrome cover with my hitch. It goes well with the chrome package's chrome bumper cover above the hitch. Almost looks like it's supposed to be there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
etrailer.com sells a Bully hitch step that fits the 1 1/4" receiver. It's polished stainless steel. I think I'm going to use that as a hitch cover. I am in Manhattan quite a bit so it will provide the additional bumper protection from the inconsiderate parallel parkers. It will also help when washing the roof of the vehicle.

http://www.etrailer.com/Accessory-Step/Pilot-Automotive/CR-605.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts