GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Anybody w/ the LTZ, having factory Trailer hitch pls confirm a plastic bumper cover/insert, OR does the hitch always remain exposed?? Did search ,found only pix w/ a cutout in place, but not certain if it's there to conceal hitch when not in use, or offer availability to add a hitch???

Need info. Decision looming.................

THX!
MM

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great alternatives. Was even thinking of cutting hitch off and buying an OEM bumper insert piece from GM? Our Enclave DOES have an insert that totally conceals the hitch, ( bumper has small bulge) so I asked. The Heininger looks real good! would almost conceal all hardware?

THX for quick response. Any other ideas from the good folks on this forum? Wife won't live w/ exposed hitch on her CUV and we have a great deal available if we move fast.......

THX!
MM

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok.....friend over at Terrain forum mailed to say "NO good". Plastic insert doesn't fit with factory or aftermarket hitch on his Terrain either. Above hitch covers/accessories looking better :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Does anyone know of a trailer hitch cover that will fit over a 2” hitch on an SRX 2015? Thanks ahead of time. Tom
Please don't dig up old threads and make new threads. It confuses people, especially when the original is for a different vehicle. If you need to reference an old thread, it is best to start a new one with your question, and reference a link to the old thread so people can look at it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can look on gmdirectparts.com you can find stuff you are looking for by vin or by selecting your vehicle info. I have a Terrain SLT 2 and it never came with a cover for my hitch. Actually it did me a solid when a corolla rear ended me. The hitch took the hit with minor scratches that got buffed out.

·
Banned
99 Posts
You can look on gmdirectparts.com you can find stuff you are looking for by vin or by selecting your vehicle info. I have a Terrain SLT 2 and it never came with a cover for my hitch. Actually it did me a solid when a corolla rear ended me. The hitch took the hit with minor scratches that got buffed out.
If you took a direct hit to the hitch, which is mounted directly to the frame, I would not take as a "Solid", it is likely to cause more damage to the frame, then a hit to the bumper would have done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts