GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday I hit 70,000 miles on the I4 Nox.
I had a few small issues with it but nothing major like others are having.

Issue: Temp gauge stopped working once. caused the a/c to not come on.
Fix: Disconnected battery and reconnected, issue never came back and its been over 50,000 miles since.

Issue: HPFP code comes in whenever I drive it long distances. When driving from NJ to SC it came on both ways and when driving from NJ to FL it came on both ways. No lose of power or fuel economy.
Fix: None, CEL cleared itself after a few days.

Issue: Same code as previous. Would come on every now and again as it seemed after fueling up. No lose of power or fuel economy.
Fix: Thought it might of been the gas cap not being closed all the way since in NJ we do not pump our own gas. Turned out to be a dirtier then excepted air filter. Replaced filter and code never returned.

Other then the above I got rear ended once, and a broken driver side window. I know a few others on here were catching up to me in miles, did any surpass me yet?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
wow! i thought i drove alot!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
cottonseed said:
Well yesterday I hit 70,000 miles on the I4 Nox.
I had a few small issues with it but nothing major like others are having.

Issue: Temp gauge stopped working once. caused the a/c to not come on.
Fix: Disconnected battery and reconnected, issue never came back and its been over 50,000 miles since.

Issue: HPFP code comes in whenever I drive it long distances. When driving from NJ to SC it came on both ways and when driving from NJ to FL it came on both ways. No lose of power or fuel economy.
Fix: None, CEL cleared itself after a few days.

Issue: Same code as previous. Would come on every now and again as it seemed after fueling up. No lose of power or fuel economy.
Fix: Thought it might of been the gas cap not being closed all the way since in NJ we do not pump our own gas. Turned out to be a dirtier then excepted air filter. Replaced filter and code never returned.

Other then the above I got rear ended once, and a broken driver side window. I know a few others on here were catching up to me in miles, did any surpass me yet?
Thats hard to catch up too....I do 5k a month average, but only @ 46K

So far only USB/Aux port went out. Dealer replaced cable and unit, that was @ 38K.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nice, that is a lot of miles.

Can you comment on the oil change intervals and the type of oil and filters used when changing? Any oil analysis?

And what are you averaging for fuel mileage.

Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2011LT2 said:
Nice, that is a lot of miles.

Can you comment on the oil change intervals and the type of oil and filters used when changing? Any oil analysis?

And what are you averaging for fuel mileage.

Thanks
Never had an analysis done even though I do have the blackstone lab kit sitting right next to me. Mobile1 5w-30 with acdelco filters. I follow the OLM until it gets around 20% then I change it. With the AWD I4 I am getting 23mpg but I am not shy on the pedal, 90% of my driving is above 60mph and a good portain of that is around 75-85mph.

·
Registered
246 Posts
A UOA on your car would be great data, to see if after full wear in if the Mobil1 still shows high iron count.

Although you havent had the startup racket, sounds like you may have one of the symptoms with the code, just not anything troublesome.

Have you serviced it with M1 since new or switch to it after so many miles? And do you by chance get the Delco filter from Wal-Mart or another place, because the one at Wal-Mart is the same number but a different part number actually. Fits same application, just not made the same by Hengst as the one GM uses, that is found at parts stores.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts