GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have my device powered from either accessory outlet in my Terrain I get what I am guessing is ground noise (hissing, engine noise with acceleration.) If I do not use the outlet I don't get the noise. In other cars I do not have this issue with the same device. Also If I just use the audio and no power I do not have the noise issue.

Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do they have them for Sirius PNPs? I took a quick look at it yesterday on my phone but I'll look again. This thing has worked perfect in about 10 other cars so I really don't think it is the PNP.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I try it in my wife's car tonight. I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. I tired the turning and no luck. It is such a pain!

Thanks!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Snowitch, thanks for the gomadic information. There's WAY too many cheap accessories on the market today. Good to know a well made brand.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I didn't she worked all weekend and Im too tired now to check. I did try the forward outlet and the center console one. I'll try the back one.

Leaving an audio cord in the input makes a noise too even if it isn't connected to any powered source. Very strange.

Ipod works fine though via the audio input. Also through the usb input too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea me too. That was the first thing I tired was replacing the cable.

I really need to just try it again in the wifes car. Also will try here Sirius PnP in my car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it works fine in a different car. Also works fine hooked up to my garage ciggy outlet. Dealer is too far away for me to take it in now so I'll wait.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed this morning that it takes about 20 seconds or so until the engine noise kicks in.

I read in another thread that the jack part comes out some how. Has anyone removed it? I can look and see if it is a bad connection.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SnowItch said:
20 seconds after starting the vehicle, or 20 seconds after starting the device?

I honestly don't remember seeing that. Couldn't find it through search either (here or on other sites). From my experience with USB, it seems that the USB port is pre-attached to the cable (its a PITA to crimp the port onto the wires - I've tried it and ended up just buying a new cable). I'll keep looking too.
This was the thread http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=239.msg3817#msg3817

I was just wondering if I could pop out the little plastic mount that the usb and aux are in to see if anything looked lose. I gave it a little tug and it didn't move and I didn't want to get the screwdriver yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm afraid all Terrains do the same thing. I noticed it immediately in my 2011 and went to the dealer to have them investigate. It took several trips to get the service advisor to realize this is a true engineering problem. He contacted the district manager and I scheduled another visist so he could see the problem. We have repeated the probelm in other 2011 vehicles and I even had the service advisor bring a 2010 into the bay to prove it is a GM screw-up on all Terrain vehicles. They attempted some screwy solutions, r.e. wrapping calbes with aluminum foil to try to shield EMI but it did not work. Supposedly the factory engineers are working on the issue. Until many more owners go to their dealer and report the issue, GM is likely to do nothing. It takes 150-200 complaints just to generate a TSB. I want GM to buy back my vehicle if they cannot fix soon. This is an incrdibly annoying problem. I own an Acadia also and it does not have this problem. Nor has several other models of Nissans that I have owned recently. :sosad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: noise at speaker, and other noises

my 2011 terrain w/4400 miles has just started making all kinds of noises.
1st noise in pass radio speaker, when radio is on or off. Odd thing, it doesn't make the noise in the a.m. yet, just after noon when it has sat
out side and time to go home from work. Very noticeable on acceleration.
2nd lite steering wheel groan
3rd suspension squeek at light take off and light stop.
4th drivers side air noise at window. (dealer ordered new seal)
5th ticking noise at eng. Just recently has become much more noticeable.(from inside the car, sounds like a diesel.) per dealer no fix as of yet.
(I work at a dealership, the manufacture (not GMC) is now updating the injectors on certain models. Hope GMC will do the same.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts