GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, I bought these new LED High and low beam replacement bulbs, only thing is I can't see where to adjust the high beams. When I put them on they shine about 20 feet, if that, in front of me and together. See screenshot attached.

Any suggestions on adjusting these?

Thanx

2011 Terrain SLE POS

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
PnP LED headlights just don't work on most headlights. They trick the eye into thinking its better because they're bright white and throw out a lot of foreground light. At least You didn't have to pay for them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fsanti87 said:
PnP LED headlights just don't work on most headlights. They trick the eye into thinking its better because they're bright white and throw out a lot of foreground light. At least You didn't have to pay for them.
Free is always better :)

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
There are no adjustments for high beam, only low beam in these lights. The halogen bulbs that come stock have the filaments positioned inside the bulb in a certain way so that the light housing reflector spreads the light in the proper place. It is designed this way to eliminate the need for alignment.
If you switch the bulb type out, even with another close matching halogen, the light pattern will not be the same. Some even grind down tabs on 9005 bulbs and fit them in 9011 housings. Then the light pattern is wrong. With LEDs. .. or even many HIDs they will have the problem you are having because they are not designed with the lighting elements in the right position for the internal lamp housing reflector.

If you do manage to somehow ham fist the lights in an attempt to "align" the high beam, you'll find either high beam will be off or low beams or worse. . . neither will throw the light in the right place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts