GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Equinox

I went out this morning before dawn and started up my Equinox. The low beams did not work but the high beams do. Since the problem occured simultaneously on both the driver and passenger sides, can we rule out a bulb and relay or are they connected in such a way as to not work independently?

What would be the best course to troubleshoot this?

And thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
They should work independently. My usual course would be to change bulbs first to see what happens (or doesn't happen), then look elsewhere for fuses/relays. Just what I do, right or wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking along the same lines which makes me wonder how two could go out at once if they are independent.

I checked fuses 9 and 28 under the hood and they look real good.

Is there an easy procedure to access the bulbs without removing any body parts? I can't fit my hand in on either side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I changed both bulbs this morning. And they came on. Why they didn't work independently I don't know. Seems awfully strange to lose two bulbs at the same time.

·
Registered
978 Posts
bellc1 said:
Well, I changed both bulbs this morning. And they came on. Why they didn't work independently I don't know. Seems awfully strange to lose two bulbs at the same time.
at the same time...yeah, a little strange

but my experience with Chevy's tells me it's not uncommon to loose 2 within a short time of each other

On late model Chevy's if I loose one...I'm changing both (right or wrong it's the way I do it)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts