GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After coming home last night, today i started my car and noticed that my hids wont turn on. I thought it was a fuse so i changed it and they still wont turn on.
Never had any problems before, i even checked all the connections, they were fine, i dont know what else could have been.
I would really appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions what to do.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
SloViper said:
After coming home last night, today i started my car and noticed that my hids wont turn on. I thought it was a fuse so i changed it and they still wont turn on.
Never had any problems before, i even checked all the connections, they were fine, i dont know what else could have been.
I would really appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions what to do.
Thanks
And you can't even take it back to the dealer because its an aftermarket hack. It is a aftermarket right?

·
Registered
468 Posts
connect the ballast/light straight to the battery to make sure they still work. Then narrow down the issue from there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so this morning my lights magically came on again, but what ive noticed was when i was driving they shut off again and turned back on. I dont know whats going on because all the connections were good.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
SloViper said:
but what ive noticed was when i was driving they shut off again and turned back on.
Troubleshooting electrical is not my fav. either,

But since you mentioned 'while driving' I would say its either a ground (road/truck vibration is causing a break in current, just because a connection looks good, doesn't mean that it is)

Do you have a continuity tester?

Like cottonseed mentioned - did you try isolating the ballast directly to power?

By the sounds of it you've gone over the wiring so, yes perhaps the ballast has an issue.

Just my thoughts...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts