GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanna know how ong do those light bulbs last? It seems they dont last very long, i put my kit in not even two weeks ago and one light is already out. Thats bullshit if i have to change those lights every two weeks, it makes me go back to the regular light bulbs

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Hi,

Quality HID bulbs are designed to last approximately 2500 hours. Did the kit that you purchased come with a warranty? Have you tried to get a hold of the vendor?

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
when i bought my hid kit off xenondepot i had them for about 6 yrs before i had to replace a bulb....

·
Registered
441 Posts
buying a non ebay kit would help out...lol....had my ddm kit for 3+ years....no issues on my mazda.....but my angel eyes, thats another story...lol....

·
Registered
441 Posts
that falls on them....sounds like ballasts keep blowing....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think its the balast too, cause i put the new light bulb in and it didnt work, but the power was coming to the balast, si yeah, ive contacted them im just waiting for their reply.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
XenonDepot said:
Let me know if they can't help you out. I will do my best to do so.

Steve
thanx buddy, ive talked to them and theyre sending me another balast, hope it will be here soon

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have found that HIDs with DRL burn out. A fix I found in my truck was to disconnect the DRLs. Since the lights would kick on when the key was turned on it would surge the ballast and crap out. Now a remedy for the automatic lights I would set my park brake before putting the key in the ignition and it would kill the power to the headlights and they wouldn't come on till the e brake was released and in turn stopped surging the ballast.

·
Registered
441 Posts
its also partly because drl's dont run at full voltage....in my 1st gen, ive pulled the relay...even though i dont have hid's, id rather manually use my parking lights as drl's then waste my $50 Philips xtreme bulbs....

·
Registered
830 Posts
That's why you need to put a relay harnesses that bypass that drl feature and give full power to them. I have that and absolutly no problem.

kupiheab said:
I have found that HIDs with DRL burn out. A fix I found in my truck was to disconnect the DRLs. Since the lights would kick on when the key was turned on it would surge the ballast and crap out. Now a remedy for the automatic lights I would set my park brake before putting the key in the ignition and it would kill the power to the headlights and they wouldn't come on till the e brake was released and in turn stopped surging the ballast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum my name is JD I live in okl. my wife as a 2005 equinox and one of the front bulb went out and I was wondering how hard they were to change out. Please let me know thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
One of the things I did to make sure I did not get flickering and the ballast was given full power was to install a capacitor inline with the input voltage to to the ballast. I got them from radio shack pn 272-1030. Have been installed for about a week with no issues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts