Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

just installed my HID Kit

6k Bulbs
Slim Ballasts
and wiring harness.

Installed the passenger side tested all working installed the driver (car off ) and started went to check and nothing.

Check the inline fuse. Checked the connections all seem fine.....any ideas?

·
Registered
468 Posts
SSEquinox said:
Hey everyone

just installed my HID Kit

6k Bulbs
Slim Ballasts
and wiring harness.

Installed the passenger side tested all working installed the driver (car off ) and started went to check and nothing.

Check the inline fuse. Checked the connections all seem fine.....any ideas?
I second the post before me, did you also include the drl fix? Without it the lights won't power up in daylight but in the shade they will. Not sure if leaving it that will burn out the ballast faster or not. I may try it, no sense having them on in day.

·
Registered
468 Posts
It's a pain in the ass but you can directly hook them up to the battery with everything still installed in place, may need to make a long jumper to reach the battery. That will narrow down the issue. If they don't light that way then you know its a wiring issue and not a drl issue. If it works that way but not when its connected up then you will have to get the drl fix, all it is is a capacitor in a sealed weather tight box. Cheap to manufacture but for some reason they cost a lot more then they are worth. Contact the seller maybe they will send them to you for free.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed my oem h11 bulbs and still no power

The engine bay fuse box is not showing lo beam fuses

Anyone have ideas where the fuses are for the low beam?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Check mini fuses 33 and 34 in the engine bay i think. Also when installing make sure all the wires are matching up at the connections. Sometimes the adapters on the HID kit can be connected both ways and if you dont take notice you may cross the wires.

·
Registered
10,394 Posts
SSEquinox said:
Anyone have ideas where the fuses are for the low beam?
I seem to recall OnxBear saying that they were located in the passneger compartment. Try a search for "low beam fuse diagram"
and there is a PDF of the circuit diagram.

·
Registered
10,394 Posts
SSEquinox said:
i found it just not sure what im looking at.
It is a circuit diagram of all of the fuses/connections/components associated with the low/high beam light circuit. If you ask questions, I, or others, can answer them, but otherwise, you should go to a garage and get it fixed. Most likely a fuse is blown. Find the fuses and check them with a multimeter or visually, or just replace them both. If one blows again, then you have a short circuit which needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
468 Posts
RIT333 said:
I seem to recall OnxBear saying that they were located in the passneger compartment. Try a search for "low beam fuse diagram"
and there is a PDF of the circuit diagram.
Ahh yea you are correct those fuses were for the highs.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just curious SSEquinox did you end up finding the culprit?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts