GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want to avoid regulators/Relays and capacitors go WITH CAN-BUS 55W ballasts. I just installed a set on my 2010 Nox with DRL and not one issue. I didnt have to run wires all over the place. I had to just drill into the lamp cover and zip tie the ballast to the horizontal bar inside. I got them on ebay and paid $129. Don't waste time with the digital 35W ballasts, capacitors and relays. It's simple and IT WORKS!!!

Also don't throw $200 away trying to make this work.

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
My guess is that they have an internal Capacitor built into the ballasts.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RIT333 said:
My guess is that they have an internal Capacitor built into the ballasts.
I did a bit of reading here and other places and the electronics takes the place of capacitor. Or that is how I understood it to be. You could always go on the cheap with a digital 35W ballast and add the capacitor but I wanted it super clean and highly uncomplicated.

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
blackterrain13 said:
I know it's been awhile since you posted this but where did you buy your kit from?
He said E-Bay, but personally, i would go with a reputable seller, and one of our sponsors, KBCarStuff.com They have high quality products, and I don't remember a single person with any complaints. If there was a defective product, then replaced it, no questions asked.

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
blackterrain13 said:
Yes I have looked at their site but I'm looking for a cannbus ballast. As he said I dont want all the extra addon wires and junk.
You will only see those "extra" wires twice. Once when you open the package, and again when you are doing the installation. It is plug and play, and once they are installed, you will never see the wires again - only the road !

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
blackterrain13 said:
That's understandable. So does the Canbus fix disable the DLR function or does the low beams come on at full power?
The low beams will run at full power whenever the car is running - unless you manually turn them off via the left stalk on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i am getting the canbus kit ASAP along with the H11 HID kit, and will be installing in a new set of projector housings. was not aware the Canbus was available all on its own, one of those hidden things you have to find out about on a forum, I appreciate others taking time to pass on this info.

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
Silverado6x6 said:
i am getting the canbus kit ASAP along with the H11 HID kit, and will be installing in a new set of projector housings. was not aware the Canbus was available all on its own, one of those hidden things you have to find out about on a forum, I appreciate others taking time to pass on this info.
The Canbus fix is merely a capacitor that stores the electrical energy with the current is pulsed. It is something like a 450 mf capacitor, as I recall. Not real rocket science, and fairly inexpensive. Some DRLs will supply a lower voltage to power the DRLs, but GM chose to pulse the supply current - not sure why.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts