GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who installed the hid kits in their nox and terrain, where did you mount the balast? Please provide some pictures if possible
Thx in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
I will try to explain at my best...

On the wheel well, take the left for exemple you have the access cover. On the fender, at the left of that hole, you have a bracket that is perfect to hold the ballast... same on the right side of the car.


SloViper said:
For those who installed the hid kits in their nox and terrain, where did you mount the balast? Please provide some pictures if possible
Thx in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
I will try to explain at my best...

On the wheel well, take the left for exemple you have the access cover. On the fender, at the left of that hole, you have a bracket that is perfect to hold the ballast... same on the right side of the car.
for my part i understand that but here where i live we have snow. so my question is when you install the balast you can't close the headlight but you can close the fender. i don't find any solution to close the rear of headlight
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,548 Posts
jimbojim said:
for my part i understand that but here where i live we have snow. so my question is when you install the balast you can't close the headlight but you can close the fender. i don't find any solution to close the rear of headlight
The rear of the headlight has a screw-on dust (and snow) cover. You need to drill a hole in it for the wires which have a rubber grommet surrounding them. The ballast is waterproof, so you just need to make sure it doesn't dangle and tug on the wires.

Clear ? Or is this not your question ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Sloviper On the driver side I used two way tape and stuck the ballast on the top of the frame behind the bumper bar just under the ground wire.
As for the passenger side I used a zip strap and fastened the ballast the the crossmember jus below the headlight housing.
I did not take any pics when I was doing this. I did have the bumper cover and headlight housings off of the Terrain when I did mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,548 Posts
darkside said:
I did have the bumper cover and headlight housings off of the Terrain when I did mine.
I removed my front plastic inner fenders. It gave me a good view of the light assembly.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top