GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my 2LT..only driven it a couple hundred miles so far and LOVING it...except occasionally after making a sharp turn for instance and then accelerating it seems to hesitate briefly before taking off..(2.4)...anyone else?? fixes?? THANKS

·
Registered
482 Posts
Don't have one yet (could be any day now though) but I have noticed this once in a while on my other vehicle with drive by wire. I think it may be characteristic of this but don't know for sure.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I have a hesitation also, but not neccessarily going around a corner, and I have the 6 cyl.
The other thing that annoys me more is when driving along and someone pulls in front of me, I let up on the gas pedal and then hit the gas again a little harder to go around him and all that happens is the engine revs like crazy, but the car doesn't go any faster. It's like the engine is completely disengaged from the transmission for a short time. I hope that is normal, otherwise I have a trans problem.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The transmission is designed to required a certain engine RPM's before it shifts to a lower gear. If you're only slightly pressing the accelerator and not "taking off", it's the because the car is designed so that every time you give the car a little gas, the transmission doesn't shift to a lower gear as that would drive you nuts. If you want faster acceleration, you'll need to give the car adequate gas ( punch it harder) to cause the transmission to shift to a lower gear(s) and it'll GO.

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Registered
441 Posts
Terra-Nox said:
Don't have one yet (could be any day now though) but I have noticed this once in a while on my other vehicle with drive by wire. I think it may be characteristic of this but don't know for sure.
ding ding.....its all these **** electronics....most times the pedal travel isnt 1:1 on throttle response....its usually stepped in increments when in motion... 5/15/30/60/80/100 (for example)....which is why you cant just push the pedal slightly....sometimes to get more revs, you have push the pedal fairly far.....

i really dont see it long before sprint booster comes out for the theta platform.....
http://www.sprintbooster.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had a similar issue with my 4-cylinder Equinox. Usually it's when the ECO mode has been on...I've let off the gas (which then the ECO mode responds by "aggressively cutting off the fuel")...and then had to accelerate quickly after that. When doing that, the engine hesitates a bit before you feel it finally respond to the gas pedal being pressed all the way down. It's always happened when I let go of the gas and then have to accelerate quickly.

I've done it a few times with the ECO mode off and it doesn't seem to happen (or at least it's not noticeable).

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the 4 cyl. and between about 23 and 30 mph it is always hesitating and seems to be a problem with these cars from the first day they ever came out. Not as been as in the beginning but wife went with a Ford Fusion Hybrid instead of the Equinox when they first came out last year. I got a 11 back in NOv. though better still a long ways from perfect.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
Bigdog9586 said:
I have the 4 cyl. and between about 23 and 30 mph it is always hesitating and seems to be a problem with these cars from the first day they ever came out. Not as been as in the beginning...
I beg to differ - I have a '10 4-cyl Nox, and have NEVER experienced ANY hesitation , and really can't recall this a being an issue on this forum. Don't tlet the dealer tell you that "they all do that", because they don't. FYI - I always run in ECO mode.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
LeftyPJB said:
I've had a similar issue with my 4-cylinder Equinox. Usually it's when the ECO mode has been on...I've let off the gas (which then the ECO mode responds by "aggressively cutting off the fuel")...and then had to accelerate quickly after that. When doing that, the engine hesitates a bit before you feel it finally respond to the gas pedal being pressed all the way down. It's always happened when I let go of the gas and then have to accelerate quickly.

I've done it a few times with the ECO mode off and it doesn't seem to happen (or at least it's not noticeable).
Have you brought this concern to the attention of your dealership? I would be happy to look into this for you as well. In order to do further research, I will need the VIN and the current mileage. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
Gmiemigrad,
Have you contact the dealerships about what you are experiencing with your 2011 Terrain and 2011 Buick Regal?
Michelle P., GM Customer Service
Not yet - see private message I sent to you

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Yep - I've experienced this MANY times. Most recently it actually occurred on the INTERSTATE at about the 60 mph speed range as I veered left at a split and then ramped up acceleration to merge onto the adjoining interstate.

Just couldn't believe that the transmission was 'slipping' in this speed range !! Previously it was always the in-town slowdown/acceleration cycles as mentioned by others.

I'll tell ya - I don't like it. Some on this board (and maybe others at GM) might say it's 'normal', but it doesn't feel normal to me. It feels like the transmission is S-L-I-P-P-I-N-G. It feels just like my '97 Taurus with almost 200,000 miles on it (which I know DOES have a slipping transmission). And so I'm gonna go back to my GM Design Meeting analogy again: If I was sitting in a design meeting at General Motors for the transmission on this vehicle and someone said, "...a side-effect is that it WILL feel like the transmission is slipping from time to time...", I would've stood up and said "...that's not acceptable !!". People don't want to drive cars with transmissions that shift vaguely and sloppily. They want to accelerate and have the car change gears crisply and cleanly. And if the reason the transmission shifts the way it does is due to something OTHER than the transmission itself - like other electronics or components around it, then the integration of those components is no good. Go back to the drawing board and fix it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i get the same thing in my 2.4 Terrain. most noticeable as i am slowing down for a yeild sigh or a corner on the brakes and i go to hit the gas to get going again and it just revs a bit and seems to think about it before it actually does anything. I would say on average it will kinda sit there for a second or more before it actually starts putting any power down at all.

Quite unnerving if i'm merging off a corner. I'm so used to 300+hp in my Monte, there's no hesitation at all lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
OP can you please fix the horribly misspelled "excelleration??" I ignored it multiple times in show new threads option but it just drives me crazy every time as it is so horribly misspelled so I had to say something and English is not even my native language (3rd in fact).

It's spelled "acceleration".

Thank you.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
equinox2 said:
OP can you please fix the horribly misspelled "excelleration??" I ignored it multiple times in show new threads option but it just drives me crazy every time as it is so horribly misspelled so I had to say something and English is not even my native language (3rd in fact).

It's spelled "acceleration".

Thank you.
When I 1st read it, once I figured out the word, I thought to myself, I wonder why it isn't spelled like that ? I think it is a great phonetic (or fonetic) spelling of acceleration. I vote that we change the dictionary ! :thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
turn the traction control and stability control off, if your going around a corner the computers will say no you cant do that because it tries to prevent any sort of wheel spin or lift......i have actually ran my car on a track and it makes worlds of a difference to turn off those aids because they delay the power so much....once turned off it made an HUGE difference

·
Registered
18 Posts
I find this happens in mine as well. I can deal with it while driving, although pulling out from a yeild with someone comming behind you gets the heart going a bit. I find this to be a real pain in the butt up north in the winter when you have to rock your way out of snow drifts. You have to have pretty good co ordination to get both feet working the pedals and rev pretty high with the brakes on and then release the brakes to get this working. I am so use to my other cars that you just change gears with very little brakes involved. Had to learn a new way to do this while trying to get unstuck early last winter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have not experienced what the OP has. Mine is a 2011 V6 AWD, now with 1400 miles. I checked the cars.com article on the 2010 model and find that I disagree on almost every point that the tester made. Before buying, I test drove both the 4 cyl fwd and awd and found it to be very poor in acceleration. The V6 was ok. etc. My only complaint so far is the maze of buttons on the console. --Plus the engine is so darn quiet at idle, that I sometimes forget the car is running.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts