GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 07 Equinox. This is my first vehicle with a remote start. When I use the remote start, it starts the engine, but nothing else is on, such as the radio and heat. I need to get in the vehicle,and put the key in and turn it for things to come on. Is this normal?? I mean, to me, remote starts should not only turn the vehicle on, but the heat/defrost....whatever! Am I missing something! Please help!! Lindsey

·
Registered
830 Posts
Heat must be on when leaving your car. When youll remote start the heat is normally on.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
During a remote start, the climate control system will turn on at the fan, temperature, and mode settings the vehicle was set to when the vehicle was last turned off and will also turn on the rear window defogger. This can also be found on page 101 of your owner’s manual. This means that the vehicle will be set at whatever it was at when you last shut off the vehicle. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to ask for help for something so stupid! First time remote start user here!! Figured it out! My Nox heats up so well (even here in the U.P. of Michigan) that by the time I get it home to the garage, I have the heat off! Thanks much all responders....I am in LOVE with my new vehicle!!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts