GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions as where to start if my sunroof in my 2013 Terrain Denali is not working? We have checked and all the tracks are clear and the fuse is good. When I push the buttons there is no sound or movement at all. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
The sunroof circuit for my 2014 Equinox is pretty simple.
Yours should be similar.

Battery voltage goes thru the #12 fuse in the under hood fuse block, thru the two switches, and on to the motor/controller/module.
See if you are getting voltage at the switches, key on.
Or go to the motor first and push the switches to see if you are getting power which ever is easier.

The sunroof circuit can set a DTC in the BCM to help in diagnosis.
Don't forget to check your grounds

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
While someone holds the open button, give the rear side of the glass a pop up with the palm of your hand. I mean, you should hear something if it's stuck but just in case. You can also just push up on the back, just think of which way the glass normally opens and replicate that.

If that works, you need to grease the mechanisms, and the rubber seal. The rubber seal needs something like silicone spray, or silicone paste, everything else needs a thin layer of lithium grease. Clean out all old great that you can prior to applying new stuff.

I've fixed a few sunroofs for friends and family who don't realize that the sunroof needs maintenance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your suggestions. I will report back when we get it resolved. There is a recall we are having checked out, so worse case scenario we can have it checked out at the dealership while they have it. Just hope to fix ourselves to save a few bucks! Again, thanks for your input!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts