GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, big snowstorm, big tree falls in road, I swerve but it gets my pasenger side mirror and breaks it off..... thankgoodness no body damage though.

My Equinox is a 2010 LTZ
I have the mirror and have replaced others before, but I am not sure how to get the door panels off to hook up the wires for the electric mirror. Can anyone offer help in taking these panels off and snaking the wiring in the door?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
hotcoff posted this procedure:

Fairly simple to do once you get the hang of it. I would recommend getting a door trim and panel removal tool for helping to pop out the door panels.

Front door panel
1. Pry out screw cover behind door release handle and remove one 7mm screw.
2. Pry out screw cover behind door pull handle and remove two 8mm screws.
3. Pry out sides and bottom of door panel using panel removal tool to release nine clips (they look like Christmas trees) , disconnect harness and door release rod and remove door panel.
4. Remove three 7mm screws securing speaker to door, disconnect harness and remove speaker.

Rear door panel
1. Pry out screw cover behind door release handle and remove one 7mm screw.
2. Starting at rear edge, pry plastic power switch panel which sits in the armrest up and back to release one clip, disconnect harness and remove plastic switch panel.
3. Remove two 10mm screws exposed by removal of power switch panel.
4. Pry out sides and bottom of door panel using panel removal tool to release nine clips, disconnect door release cable and remove door panel.
5. Remove three 7mm screws securing speaker to door, disconnect harness and remove speaker.

Reverse process to reinstall door panels. Be sure that when reinstalling the door panels that the top of the door panel fits over the top lip of the door. Lining up the clips properly will ensure a tight seal all the way around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help Theta Freak. One question though, I am clearly able to see the cover behind the door pull in step 2, but looking behind the door release (step 1) there does not seem to be any covers or anything to pop off. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Here u go, in the pic part number 13 you can see right behind the inner chrome door handle there is a little panel and bolt behind it. Now i am trying to figure out a way to remove it wirhout damaging it since its hard to get a straight shot at it because the handle is in the way. Maybe a long flat head with masking tape around shaft part or cloth to protect other plastic.
Here are the pics hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help.

The mirror replacement went smoother than thought. I was able to loosen the two clips nearest the mirror and pull the door panel back enough to get the interior plastic that covers the mirror bolts pulled out. This also allowed me to use a screwdriver to push the clip on the wiring and pull the connection loose. Once I replaced the mirror, I had to reach between the door and interior panel to get the wiring hooked up. Then I put the door/window trim back and popped the corner of the door panel back on. Took about 20 minutes.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
13 Posts
bowtieman said:
Here u go, in the pic part number 13 you can see right behind the inner chrome door handle there is a little panel and bolt behind it. Now i am trying to figure out a way to remove it wirhout damaging it since its hard to get a straight shot at it because the handle is in the way. Maybe a long flat head with masking tape around shaft part or cloth to protect other plastic.
Here are the pics hope this helps

hi,bowtiemen. just wondering where u find this pics. do you know where we can find a repair manual? always want one but never find a real one.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
jayjeremy said:
hi,bowtiemen. just wondering where u find this pics. do you know where we can find a repair manual? always want one but never find a real one.
No prob, yea I would love to have a full repair manual with diagrams and part numbers but I have not seen one either. I am sure the gm tech mechanics have em book or online. I know with the old GM cars they used to give u an option. I bought a full set back in 96 with my new s10 For like $80, it came i handy when all warranties went out. I think everything is going online but still have not found one.
So as an alternative I use this site
http://parts.nalleygmc.com/

I found it through another member on here and its pretty helpful for part numbers and diagrams. I don't buy anything from the site since its expensive bit it has cone in handy to verify part numbers. Then i use fastgmparts.com to get my parts.
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
13 Posts
bowtieman said:
No prob, yea I would love to have a full repair manual with diagrams and part numbers but I have not seen one either. I am sure the gm tech mechanics have em book or online. I know with the old GM cars they used to give u an option. I bought a full set back in 96 with my new s10 For like $80, it came i handy when all warranties went out. I think everything is going online but still have not found one.
So as an alternative I use this site
http://parts.nalleygmc.com/

I found it through another member on here and its pretty helpful for part numbers and diagrams. I don't buy anything from the site since its expensive bit it has cone in handy to verify part numbers. Then i use fastgmparts.com to get my parts.
Hope that helps!
thanks a lot man. have a nice one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts