GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealer has a 2011 Equinox with a $3,000 dealer discount off of MSRP. The following discounts are also in the advertisement:

Finance with Ally - save additional $1,000
USAA offer - save additional $750
GM CA certificate - save additional $500

Questions:

How much do I have to finance with Ally for the $1,000? I will only be financing about $6,000 after my trade and GM card rebate.

I joined USAA and have a membership number. I am NOT active or retired military. Do I get the $750?

GM CA certificate - what the heck is this? I currently own a 2009 Malibu. But I didn't get a "certificate" in the mail so I don't know anything about this.

I know - the dealer can explain all this. But I'm a big believer in going in with as much information is possible. If I don't get at least 2 of these 3 discounts then the deal won't work out for me.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here is the fine print for the USAA discount (from GM.com)

2. Offer expires 12/31/11. Not available with some other offers. See dealer for details. GM discounts available only to persons eligible for membership in USAA Property and Casualty Insurance Group. P&C membership is generally available to current and former members of the U.S. Military and their former dependents. There is no obligation to purchase or continue USAA products or services to obtain the offers. A USAA card with USAA number, USAA loan documents or a USAA insurance card must be presented at the time of purchase.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Draco_M said:
Questions:

How much do I have to finance with Ally for the $1,000? I will only be financing about $6,000 after my trade and GM card rebate.
I don't know if the salesguy was just BS-ing me or not, but I was told when I bought my Equinox in March that I had to finance a minimum of $7K. I had no idea there was a minimum financing amount. This was financing with Ally, BTW, and not in conjunction with any $1000 savings (unfortunately!).

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would have to recommend contacting your local dealer for more information. They would be able to assist you further and give you a better idea of what can and can not be combined. I can also look into this for you. In order to do so, I will need your zip code. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gmiemigrad said:
Here is the fine print for the USAA discount (from GM.com)

2. Offer expires 12/31/11. Not available with some other offers. See dealer for details. GM discounts available only to persons eligible for membership in USAA Property and Casualty Insurance Group. P&C membership is generally available to current and former members of the U.S. Military and their former dependents. There is no obligation to purchase or continue USAA products or services to obtain the offers. A USAA card with USAA number, USAA loan documents or a USAA insurance card must be presented at the time of purchase.
Okay thanks for this. I'm a USAA member but not military, so I would not be eligible for this discount. Makes sense. Otherwise everyone would join USAA for the discount. It takes 5 minutes to join USAA and it is free.

·
Registered
62 Posts
cafeldmann said:
I don't know if the salesguy was just BS-ing me or not, but I was told when I bought my Equinox in March that I had to finance a minimum of $7K. I had no idea there was a minimum financing amount. This was financing with Ally, BTW, and not in conjunction with any $1000 savings (unfortunately!).
I tried once to get a credit for $3-4K (the rest paid down) for a lease buy-out and they told me that for less than $7k it's considered a personal credit with a much higher interest rate.
So looks the same case for you...

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Draco_M said:
Thank you Tricia. My zip code is 98007.
Before I provide you with any incentive information, I have to provide you with this disclaimer: Incentive eligibility is based on a number of factors including program dates, credit approval and geographic residency. Please check with your dealer for further details.

For qualified buyers, we are offering an interest rate as low as 2.9% for the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. The length of this contract is limited to 36 months.

GM is releasing a private offer to USAA members. Offer can be used towards the purchase/lease of an eligible model. Documentation must be provided to qualify for the offer (USAA Membership Card, USAA Loan Document, or USAA Auto Insurance Card).

I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more specific information. They will be able to assist you further. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts