GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GMC TERRAIN 2018 1.5 has only 18,000 km of run. There is a code P0302. The engine is clearly intermittent. Replacing the ignition coil and plugs did not work, the error is also on the second cylinder. I can’t contact the dealer and use warranty. They are not in my country (Ukraine). Due to the inoperative second cylinder, there is white smoke in the exhaust. What could be the reason? How can this be with such a small run of the machine, I don't understand? Where is the quality of American cars?

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
White smoke in the exhaust could be caused by burning antifreeze, which could indicative of a bad head gasket. However, I have not heard of this being a common or even uncommon problem with the 1.5L engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe someone knows how to drain the fuel from the tank? Maybe the reason is this? Although it already looks like hope from big problems (

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
I don't understand the reason why draining the fuel tank might help. Please educate me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Change fuel, maybe the reason for poor fuel .... I'm grab for the smallest hope so as not to repair the engine ...I don'tn undestendi that it need for car with 18000 km (((

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I understand that the cars of this year is removed from the dealers and is unlikely that from the owners faced with such a problem herself and did not take the car with the dealer ....

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
I personally believe that you would be wasting you time draining the gas. But., If it makes you happy, go for it. I am still betting on a bad head gasket. I think that it is fairly easy to use a tool that will detect exhaust fumes coming out of a removed radiator cap.

·
Registered
578 Posts
1.5 , my money is on a cracked piston with a 302 code. Compression test needs to be done.

·
Registered
121 Posts
2018 with only 18,000kms... Wouldn't this be a warranty issue or do they do something different in Ukraine?
I always thought white smoke was coolant being burned so I'm with RIT333 on this one.

Reactions: RIT333

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yea cracked/ broken piston is the smoke blue ish or is it actually white and smell sweet? Burning oil smells like a tire and radiator fluid will smell like sweeter. Pop off the plugs and see if there is any oil or moisture look at the oil to see if it turned to milkshake/ look at oil cap underneath for signs of excessive blow by or milkshake caused by a blown head gasket.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The GMC TERRAIN 2018 1.5 has only 18,000 km of run. Where is the quality of American cars?
I believe this is a Hecho en Mexico vehicle. I would first remove spark plugs and check the appearance. One plug wet or all four look bad?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
An autopsy of the engine showed that everything is very sad. Tell me, are there piston repair sizes for this model or only one? Does anyone have any experience with GMC car repair compensation?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts