GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys first time poster hoping someone can lay some knowledge on me.
Is it just me or is this a weird bumper for a 2018 Equinox? It looks like the license plate mounting area is really wide like its for an EU plate. This car is listed for sale in Arizona and this is the one thing tripping me up.
Thanks,
George

·
Registered
72 Posts
You need to get the VIN number and look up the details on the car. There are sites that will do that at a low cost. If the VIN checks out then maybe the bumper was an import repair part that fit otherwise. Or if it's newer than 2019 it might be a updated bumper cover. Start with the VIN.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting so it's likely that the bumper has been replaced and they used a part meant for a different market. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looks like it needs to be replaced again...that lower front clip is beat

·
Registered
50 Posts
Probably built in Canada Mexico or China. Check the door and vin like others said. Probably shipped to AZ for smog purposes. Are you getting a really good deal?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Sounds like a good price to me. Unlrss if the Carfax turns up an accident. Then i would walk away...or run away.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ugh well from what I have seen the 2018's are packed with electrical/ entertainment system interior electronics issues. The motors do have problems even under 20k I would have it checked out first. When they are good they can last a long time but some owners seem to be chasing down issue after issue. Is this Certified pre owned, Private party? If its at a dealership that's a steal private party could be less.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like a good price to me. Unlrss if the Carfax turns up an accident. Then i would walk away...or run away.
Ugh well from what I have seen the 2018's are packed with electrical/ entertainment system interior electronics issues. The motors do have problems even under 20k I would have it checked out first. When they are good they can last a long time but some owners seem to be chasing down issue after issue. Is this Certified pre owned, Private party? If its at a dealership that's a steal private party could be less.
Private sale. It did have an accident, owner bought it from auction and is re-selling. Still a clean title but not sure how worried I should be.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well Very worried generally when an accident shows up it is because the airbags deployed. I would not feel comfortable going any further. Often times car fax doesn't show anything unless they had a serious accident
Seriously good advice. I bought a car that was hit in the passenger rear door I got a great deal on it. I replaced the door but every panel had cracked all the way through from the impact along rear wheel wells A pillars etc.. I had no idea until I replaced the carpet.

So you never really know what you are dealing with. I would not go through with the sale. Especially because when you go to sell it could be hard to get rid of.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Chris, i don't rrcall any issues that you are describing on the 18+ gas enginrs. Some problems with the diesels, bit not the gas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts