GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, new to the forum however just bought a 2010 terrain and it is missing a part. I don't know how else to explain it so here it goes. It is a flat piece of rubber that is found on both sides between the top of the hood and under the wiper blades. It snaps into plastic parts and is used to cover that portion at bottom of windshield. If anyone knows where or what this part is called i need a new one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
fodler1984 said:
hello, new to the forum however just bought a 2010 terrain and it is missing a part. I don't know how else to explain it so here it goes. It is a flat piece of rubber that is found on both sides between the top of the hood and under the wiper blades. It snaps into plastic parts and is used to cover that portion at bottom of windshield. If anyone knows where or what this part is called i need a new one
www.gmpartsdirect.com Cowl, Cowl hole cover left-right $7.50
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,499 Posts
fodler1984 said:
hello, new to the forum however just bought a 2010 terrain and it is missing a part. I don't know how else to explain it so here it goes. It is a flat piece of rubber that is found on both sides between the top of the hood and under the wiper blades. It snaps into plastic parts and is used to cover that portion at bottom of windshield. If anyone knows where or what this part is called i need a new one
You should be able to get part's name/number/price from GMPartsDirect.com

It is a pretty good site, and the prices are pretty good - but shipping can be expensive !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
Were you able to find the part? Has your concern been resolved? Keep me posted and feel free to contact me with any questions in the meantime. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not yet. I did find someone who stated a part number for the entire part under the wipers and listed for 73 and shipping was 139, however trying to find out if it is right part
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
fodler1984 said:
Not yet. I did find someone who stated a part number for the entire part under the wipers and listed for 73 and shipping was 139, however trying to find out if it is right part
Did you go to www.gmpartsdirect.com and look for your part? There is diagrams of all the part groups on the site should be able to find your part there if you look
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,499 Posts
fodler1984 said:
Not yet. I did find someone who stated a part number for the entire part under the wipers and listed for 73 and shipping was 139, however trying to find out if it is right part
$139 for shipping ? Wow - does someone deliver it in a plane to your car and install it ? I know that their shipping can be a little high, but $139 ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
fodler1984 said:
Not yet. I did find someone who stated a part number for the entire part under the wipers and listed for 73 and shipping was 139, however trying to find out if it is right part
From what youve described, I would say its cowl hole cover inboard and outboard if youd go to gmpartsdirect and look it up it shows you a picture.......each part is around $7.00 each maybe at the most $15.00
Simple thing to do would be to go to the site and look or do you want me to order it for you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
Guess he doesn't need it anymore...
Hate it when they ask for help then never follow thru and post the end results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,499 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Guess he doesn't need it anymore...
Hate it when they ask for help then never follow thru and post the end results.
My pet peeve also ! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Guess he doesn't need it anymore...
Hate it when they ask for help then never follow thru and post the end results.
Guess he either wrecked the vehicle, sold the vehicle or the cowl rusted thru and he doesn't need the part anymore...
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top