GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello to everyone! Been lurking around the forums for awhile and decided I should join.

I just ordered my 2012 Terrain SLT-2 carbon black metallic

Got the AWD V-6 with the Intellilink

Should have it in about 6 weeks. Can't wait!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure your dealer told you 6 to 8 weeks. I'm picking up mine tomorrow, caught me by surprise 5 weeks

Enjoy :cheers:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Congrats! you will be very happy with your choice!

Im looking forward to hearing about the Intelilink Radio!! :thumb:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome DarkStrike. Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the welcome, I am looking forward to see how the whole Intelilink system works also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got an update on my Terrain.....Moving closer with a TPW of 3/12---02/21/2012 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.

Can't wait :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
When it comes in be sure to check the car out thoroughly to insure it hass just what you ordered. The last car I ordered came in with the wrong engine. I reordered another and that came in with the wrong interior. I went to the dealer next door and found a car that came close to what I had wanted. I waisted 6 months trying to get the car I wanted. :banghead:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got another update! Everything looks on schedule for production next week!

03/02/2012 (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.

Checked and made sure it was the right engine on the order screen Old Lar, Man I would be pissed if I waited this long and it came with the wrong engine.

The waiting is killing me lol :help: :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer called last night and he has my Terrain! Going to inspect it today and then pick it up tomorrow. I can't believe how fast they were, from order to production to delivery will be 4 weeks. Can't wait to play with the Intellilink!! I'll post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Darkstrike said:
Dealer called last night and he has my Terrain! Going to inspect it today and then pick it up tomorrow. I can't believe how fast they were, from order to production to delivery will be 4 weeks. Can't wait to play with the Intellilink!! I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Congratulations on your purchase! I can't wait to see the pictures. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!

Just asking is there a reason the dealer could not trade for the one you wanted.

We just got a SLT-2 loaded and had out choice of colors and options. We went from just looking and 7 days later bought the one we wanted with every option we wanted even the odd ones.
Was the color the issue? We found Carbon Blacks but I will admit there were less of them than any other color.

Just having ours for two weeks now I know you will be happy. I am when I can steal it from the wife.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Old Lar said:
When it comes in be sure to check the car out thoroughly to insure it hass just what you ordered. The last car I ordered came in with the wrong engine. I reordered another and that came in with the wrong interior. I went to the dealer next door and found a car that came close to what I had wanted. I waisted 6 months trying to get the car I wanted. :banghead:
Don't tell me you are here too.

First it was the Fiero web site and then the HHR site now here!!! We have to stop meeting like this.

I need to know when you are looking for a new car what it is as it seems like we end up with the same ones. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I ordered my Terrain back on Feb 21st, the one option I wanted was Intellilink and apparently GM had just started producing vehicles with it. I live in NY and my dealer searched the whole east coast for an SLT-2 6cylinder in Carbon Black with Intellilink and could not find one anywhere, so I had to order directly from GM.

hyperv6 said:
Congrats!!!!!!

Just asking is there a reason the dealer could not trade for the one you wanted.

We just got a SLT-2 loaded and had out choice of colors and options. We went from just looking and 7 days later bought the one we wanted with every option we wanted even the odd ones.
Was the color the issue? We found Carbon Blacks but I will admit there were less of them than any other color.

Just having ours for two weeks now I know you will be happy. I am when I can steal it from the wife.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Darkstrike said:
When I ordered my Terrain back on Feb 21st, the one option I wanted was Intellilink and apparently GM had just started producing vehicles with it. I live in NY and my dealer searched the whole east coast for an SLT-2 6cylinder in Carbon Black with Intellilink and could not find one anywhere, so I had to order directly from GM.
We wer lucky we did not start to look till 2 weeks ago. We had a good selection by then and got just what we wanted. We could have named the color too. The dealer said there were as many Terrains available as there ever was since the intro. They much have really been pumping them out in Jan and Feb.

Our build date was Feb 16th and it was at the dealer just a couple weeks later.

Good luck with yours! I know we love ours.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Jenniebeeb said:
How do you find out the exact day your Terrain went down the line? I looked on my sticker on the driver side and it shows 2/12, but no exact day?

I got lucky and the dealer gave me some paperwork that stated the order number and other info including the build date. This was on the paper that the dealer printed off on their search and dealer trade.

Also there should be a tag in the bag for the owners manual that will have the date of the manuel pack being put together. It will show a date that is normally about with in a week of when the car was assembled in most cases. Mine show 2-12.

Note even the given assmbly dates can vary. I was given one date on my HHR on the HHR web site but I found other dates on the vehicle that pointed it was built a few days after. When we had the bumpers off we saw later dates as the one I was given. So just because you have a date it can vary by a few days.

Someone at the factor could maybe give more details on when a vehicles date is entered on the system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Hello all I just pick mine Terrain a week ago

Hello all I just pick mine Terrain a week ago i pick up the SLT 2 just love this sub

1 - 16 of 16 Posts